Williams leads Nets past WarriorsJan 19, 2012 - 4:57 AM Newark, NJ (Sports Network) - Deron Williams had 24 points, 10 assists and eight rebounds, leading the Nets to a 107-100 win over the Warriors on Wednesday.
MarShon Brooks added 22 points, six assists and eight boards for the Nets, who picked up their first home win of the season. Kris Humphries finished with 18 points and 15 rebounds.
"It's good to get the win at home," said Williams, "it's something we desperately needed. If you want to be a good team, a playoff team, you have to protect your home court and we hadn't done a good job of that."
Monta Ellis had a game-high 30 points, Dorell Wright scored 17 and David Lee had 12 and 10 boards for the Warriors. They were coming off of Tuesday's win over the Cavaliers and finished their four-game road trip at 2-2.
"This was a win that we fully expected coming in and (it was) a disappointing effort," said Warriors coach Mark Jackson. "Give them credit, they went and got the game and (it was) just discouraging on our part."
Neither team was able to pull away in a game which featured 11 ties and 18 lead changes. The Warriors were up 56-55 at the half and 83-80 after three, but the Nets, who entered Wednesday 0-4 at the Prudential Center, began to establish themselves in the later stages.
Williams drained three free throws to put them on top, 93-92, with seven minutes remaining. They then used a 13-4 run to grab their largest lead of the game. Williams capped the burst with a trey, which rattled home with 3:26 remaining.
The advantage was 105-100 when Brooks rebounded a miss from Nets center Mehmet Okur with 18 seconds left. Anthony Morrow then drained a pair of free throws to seal the final result.
The Nets were returning from a 1-3 road trip. They will host the Thunder on Saturday and the Bobcats on Sunday...Golden State closed out a four-game trek with a 2-2 mark and will commence a six-game homestand on Friday.
- GOLDEN STATE: 100
NEW JERSEY: 107
Jan 18 9:58 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 83
NEW JERSEY: 79
End of 3rd
Jan 18 9:17 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 56
NEW JERSEY: 55
Jan 18 8:36 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 31
NEW JERSEY: 29
End of 1st
Jan 18 8:07 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 0
NEW JERSEY: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Jan 18 7:42 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19