Parsons, Scola lead Rockets in rout of WarriorsMar 23, 2012 - 4:14 AM Houston, TX (Sports Network) - Chandler Parsons had a double-double with 20 points and 11 rebounds as the Houston Rockets routed the Golden State Warriors, 109-83, on Thursday.
Luis Scola netted 18 points to go with seven assists for the Rockets, who have won four of their past six games. Goran Dragic scored 17 points and dished out nine assists, while Samuel Dalembert added a double-double with 15 points and 10 boards.
Houston held a commanding 58-38 advantage in the paint and outrebounded Golden State, 48-31.
Richard Jefferson had 14 points off the bench to lead the Warriors, who have dropped five of their last six contests.
"The last couple of game we haven't come out with the right type of intensity. We need to improve on that," Jefferson said.
The Rockets jumped out on the Warriors right from the opening tip.
With Houston holding a four-point cushion midway through the opening frame, the hosts used a 12-2 push to stretch its margin to 30-16 late in the first. Dragic netted six points while Dalembert added four during the surge.
Houston led, 30-18, after one, but the Warriors cut the deficit to two midway through the second following a 17-5 surge.
But back-to-back treys by Dragic and Parsons, followed by Marcus Camby's layup made it 45-35 and the Rockets weren't threatened again as they took a 56-47 lead into the locker room.
The Rockets tallied the first nine points in the third as a pair of Dalembert free throws made it a 66-47 game.
Houston took a 84-67 advantage into the final quarter and led by as many as 30 in the fourth, cruising to the easy win.
"The defense was great tonight," said Parsons. "We wanted to clog the paint and help early but we didn't want to give them any open looks."
Houston guard Kevin Martin missed his sixth straight game with a strained right shoulder...During its pregame festivities, Houston honored its "Team of the 1990s" -- Hakeem Olajuwon, Clyde Drexler, Kenny Smith, Mario Elie and Robert Horry -- with a mural.
- GOLDEN STATE: 83
Mar 22 10:18 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 67
End of 3rd
Mar 22 9:49 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 47
Mar 22 9:02 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 18
End of 1st
Mar 22 8:35 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Mar 22 8:12 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19