Paul pushes Clippers past WarriorsApr 14, 2012 - 10:52 PM Los Angeles, CA (Sports Network) - Chris Paul had 28 points and 13 assists, lifting the Los Angeles Clippers over the Golden State Warriors, 112-104.
Blake Griffin added 20 points and nine rebounds for the Clippers, who moved within one game of the idle Lakers for first place in the Pacific Division. DeAndre Jordan and Mo Williams donated 18 and 14 points, respectively.
Nate Robinson ended with a season-high 28 points and eight assists for the Warriors, who have lost four in a row. Klay Thompson and Dorell Wright tallied 24 and 23 points, respectively.
"I'm really happy with our guys and the energy they brought," Warriors head coach Mark Jackson said.
The Clippers raced out to a 24-5 lead with 6:24 left in the first quarter. The home team shot 59.3 percent from the field in the period and took a 35-23 margin into the second.
Down by 10, 48-38, midway through the second stanza, Golden State went on a 14-5 run to get back in the game. The Warriors made a trio of three-pointers during the surge to cut the gap to 53-52 with 2:06 to go. It was 59-58 at the half.
Los Angeles led throughout the third quarter but never built a lead larger than six. Thus, Golden State trailed by just four, 86-82, heading to the fourth.
Holding a 91-87 edge early in the fourth, the Clippers went on a 7-0 flurry to create some distance. Paul's layup, Eric Bledsoe's slam and Nick Young's three-pointer made it a 98-87 game with 8:02 to play.
Golden State never got closer than six the rest of the way.
"We came out aggressive," Paul said. "They started making threes but we did a good job of holding on at the end."
The Clippers and Warriors split four meetings this season...Golden State has dropped 11 of 13...Warriors forwards Richard Jefferson (knee) and David Lee (groin) missed the game...Golden State turned the ball over 16 times, leading to 25 Los Angeles points.
- GOLDEN STATE: 104
LOS ANGELES: 112
Apr 14 6:03 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 82
LOS ANGELES: 86
End of 3rd
Apr 14 5:33 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 58
LOS ANGELES: 59
Apr 14 4:41 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 23
LOS ANGELES: 35
End of 1st
Apr 14 4:07 PM
- GOLDEN STATE: 0
LOS ANGELES: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Apr 14 3:42 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19