Redd helps Suns take down RocketsMar 19, 2012 - 5:20 AM Phoenix, AZ (Sports Network) - Michael Redd scored a season-high 25 points on Sunday and the Suns downed the Rockets, 99-86.
Channing Frye had 19 points and Marcin Gortat added 15 and 10 rebounds for Phoenix. Grant Hill chipped in 10 points, seven assists and five rebounds while Steve Nash handed out 11 assists. The Suns have won four straight and 11 of 14 overall.
"I just go out and play and see what happens," said Redd. "Tonight it just happened to be a night of scoring, some nights it may be distributing, whatever the team needs."
Luis Scola scored 18 points to pace the Rockets, who were coming off of Saturday's loss to the Clippers.
Scola opened the game with consecutive buckets. Frye and Chandler Parsons then traded jumpers, making it a 6-2 game. It would prove to be Houston's last lead of the night.
The Suns reeled off 14 straight points. Hill, Jared Dudley, Frye and Gortat all scored during the burst, which set the stage for a comfortable Phoenix victory.
It was 26-13 after one and Redd took over in the second, scoring 14 points on 6-of-7 shooting, as the margin stretched to as many as 21 before settling at 52-36 by the break.
The Rockets, who are still playing without starting guards Kevin Martin and Kyle Lowry, never threatened in the second half. Frye had 14 points after the break and Redd added 11.
"We didn't have good rhythm to start off the game," said Houston coach Kevin McHale. "We got ourselves in a hole and were never able to dig out of it."
Phoenix improved to 8-1 at home since the All-Star break...The Rockets fell to 8-16 on the road this season. They are 16-6 at home...Martin is out with a shoulder injury and Lowry is out due to illness.
- HOUSTON: 86
Mar 18 11:14 PM
- HOUSTON: 64
End of 3rd
Mar 18 10:46 PM
- HOUSTON: 36
Mar 18 10:08 PM
- HOUSTON: 13
End of 1st
Mar 18 9:40 PM
- HOUSTON: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Mar 18 9:12 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- NBA China to open basketball-themed Playzone in Shanghai May 17
- Rockets must find coach in wake of first-round ouster Apr 29
- Warriors reach second round with MVP Stephen Curry sidelined Apr 28
- Warriors roll into second round of playoffs without Curry Apr 28
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 27
- Rockets-Warriors Preview Apr 26
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 26
- Warriors-Rockets Game 4: most 1st-round viewers since '02 Apr 26
- Stephen Curry out at least 2 weeks with sprained right knee Apr 25
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 24