Pacers outlast Hornets in OTFeb 22, 2012 - 3:56 AM Indianapolis, IN (Sports Network) - Roy Hibbert scored a career-high 30 points and pulled down 13 rebounds, boosting Indiana to a 117-108 overtime win over New Orleans.
David West, a first-round draft pick of the Hornets in 2003, scored 16 points and had seven rebounds in his first game against his former team. Paul George totaled 20 points and Darren Collison ended with 18, eight rebounds and six assists in Indiana's third straight win - all at home.
Danny Granger had 14 points, including five in overtime, for the Pacers, who held a 54-36 edge in points in the paint.
"In the overtime, we had a couple of putbacks and it was just being aggressive and having toughness on our part," West said.
Trevor Ariza scored 21 for the Hornets, who were coming off a 101-93 loss at Oklahoma City on Monday.
"They were in our paint all night," Hornets coach Monty Williams said. "They hit timely shots and our guys fought all night and had a few timely shots as well."
After Granger opened OT with a three-pointer, Ariza hit a jumper. Hibbert then drained a jump shot to start a string of 10 straight points for the Pacers, capped by a jam by Collison, also a former Hornet, with 1:45 remaining.
New Orleans made 10 of its 15 shots in the second quarter, but gave up 11 made free throws to the Pacers and saw their seven-point lead after one period trimmed to 56-53 at the half.
A three-pointer by A.J. Price lifted the Pacers to a six-point edge late in the third, and they went to the fourth holding an 80-76 advantage.
Hibbert's tip-in moved the hosts to a 97-92 lead with 1:28 remaining, but the Hornets eventually sent the game into OT on Ariza's right wing jumper with 5.4 seconds left. George missed a shot at the buzzer.
Chris Kaman had 17 points, while Jarrett Jack chipped in 19 with 10 assists for the Hornets, who shot 53.2 percent...New Orleans' Emeka Okafor missed his fifth straight game due to a sore left knee.
- NEW ORLEANS: 108
Final - OT
Feb 21 9:46 PM
- NEW ORLEANS: 100
End of Regulation
Feb 21 9:30 PM
- NEW ORLEANS: 76
End of 3rd
Feb 21 8:49 PM
- NEW ORLEANS: 56
Feb 21 8:09 PM
- NEW ORLEANS: 31
End of 1st
Feb 21 7:35 PM
- NEW ORLEANS: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Feb 21 7:11 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5
- Indiana Pacers not renewing contract of coach Frank Vogel May 5
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future May 2
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2