Howard, Magic drop PacersMar 12, 2012 - 4:07 AM Orlando, FL (Sports Network) - Dwight Howard posted another double-double with 30 points and 13 rebounds, as the Magic took care of the Pacers, 107-94.
J.J. Redick, making his 10th start of the season, added 18 points and a career-high nine assists, while Ryan Anderson finished with 12 points and nine rebounds in Orlando's fourth win in five games.
"We just want to continue getting better," Howard said. "We want to peak at the right time."
Indiana, coming off an overtime loss to the Heat on Saturday, shot just 1- of-12 from behind the arc, while the Magic made 10 three-pointers.
Paul George led the Pacers with 22 points and eight rebounds, and Danny Granger netted 18 in the club's fourth straight loss.
"We're still in a good position. ... We just have to keep working," George said. "We have a day off tomorrow that's much needed."
Orlando, playing without starters Jason Richardson (ankle) and Hedo Turkoglu (suspension), erupted for 36 points in the first quarter and led by 14 heading to the second.
The margin reached 24 shortly thereafter when Redick and fellow Duke alumnus Chris Duhon made three-pointers to push the lead to 50-26.
The Pacers cut the deficit to 56-45 by halftime, but Howard went off for 15 points in the third quarter to help put the game away. The All-Star center threw down an alley-oop dunk midway through the third to make it 71-53.
Indiana made just one field goal over the final 4 1/2 minutes of the quarter, and the Magic were able to cruise to the finish line holding a 91-66 cushion entering the final 12 minutes.
Orlando won the season series, 3-1...Quentin Richardson scored 10 points starting in place for Turkoglu, who was suspended one game for making contact with official Karl Lane in a win over Chicago on Thursday...Indiana's Tyler Hansbrough scored 13 of his 19 points in the fourth quarter.
- INDIANA: 94
Mar 11 8:18 PM
- INDIANA: 66
End of 3rd
Mar 11 7:49 PM
- INDIANA: 45
Mar 11 7:06 PM
- INDIANA: 22
End of 1st
Mar 11 6:36 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Mar 11 6:12 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Thursday's Sports in Brief May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Scott Skiles resigns as coach of Magic after just 1 season May 12
- BC-AP Sports Preview Digest May 12
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5