Indiana keeps rolling, beats stumbling SixersApr 18, 2012 - 3:34 AM Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Danny Granger scored 24 points and the Pacers downed the freefalling 76ers, 102-97, on Tuesday.
The Pacers, winners of six straight, have already clinched a playoff berth and are seeded third in the Eastern Conference -- four games ahead of the Celtics, who lost to the Knicks later Tuesday.
Roy Hibbert added 15 points and 13 rebounds in the win, while David West had 13 points and George Hill finished with 12.
"To come in and beat Philadelphia is huge for us because we are still fighting for a playoff seed as well," said Granger.
The 76ers, meanwhile, have lost three in a row and are 11-21 since starting the season 20-9. They sit in eighth place in the East -- one game behind the Knicks and 1 1/2 games ahead of ninth-place Milwaukee.
Andre Iguodala had 23 points, seven rebounds and six assists in the setback. Thaddeus Young added 19 points and Lou Williams chipped in 18.
"Mentally, it's tough," said Philadelphia forward Elton Brand. "But me, personally, I'm very optimistic. Hopefully we'll take all of these late-game lessons and bring that to the first round."
After trailing for much of the first half, Philadelphia, playing in its final home game, took a 53-49 lead early in the third quarter courtesy of an 11-0 run which featured five points from Iguodala.
But Indiana tied the game at 70 on Leandro Barbosa's transition layup at the end of the third and surged ahead in the fourth, going up 85-77 midway through the quarter on consecutive threes from Granger.
In the final minute, the 76ers cut their deficit to three, 98-95, when Young capped an 8-2 run with a corner three, but the Pacers made enough free throws the rest of the way to secure the win.
Indiana will close out the regular season with four games at home (Milwaukee, Philadelphia, Detroit and Chicago)...Philadelphia closes out the regular season with five straight road games (Cleveland, Indiana, New Jersey, Milwaukee and Detroit).
- INDIANA: 102
Apr 17 9:35 PM
- INDIANA: 70
End of 3rd
Apr 17 8:52 PM
- INDIANA: 47
Apr 17 8:11 PM
- INDIANA: 23
End of 1st
Apr 17 7:36 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Apr 17 7:12 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16