Thunder rout Bucks behind WestbrookApr 10, 2012 - 7:32 AM Milwaukee, WI (Sports Network) - Russell Westbrook scored 26 points and pulled down seven rebounds, while Kevin Durant netted 19 points to go with eight assists and four boards as the Oklahoma City Thunder routed the Milwaukee Bucks, 109-89, on Monday.
James Harden added 16 points off the bench for Oklahoma City, which has won two straight on the heels of a three-game losing streak. The Thunder scored 25 points off 17 Milwaukee turnovers.
The Thunder are percentage points ahead of the Spurs for the top record in the Western Conference after San Antonio saw its 11-game winning streak come to an end in Utah on Monday.
Ersan Ilyasova had 18 points for the Bucks, who fell 1 1/2 games behind the Knicks and 76ers for the final two playoff spots in the Eastern Conference. Monta Ellis scored just nine points on 3-of-12 shooting from the field.
"You don't expect to go on Milwaukee's floor and win by 20, but I thought our defensive mindset was outstanding from the start," Thunder coach Scott Brooks said.
The Thunder stormed out of the gates and seized early control of the contest.
Westbrook netted eight points and Durant added seven during a 22-5 Oklahoma City surge, which helped the visitors establish a 33-12 margin late in the opening frame.
"You're not going to play uphill against the Thunder and steal too many games," Bucks head coach Scott Skiles said.
The Thunder led, 35-18, after a quarter of play.
Milwaukee outscored Oklahoma City 29-26 in the second, but still trailed 61-47 at the break.
The Bucks used a quick 7-2 spurt to pull within 10 in the third, but Oklahoma City scored the next seven as Westbrook nailed a trey, Durant followed with a jumper and then fed Westbrook for a layup to give Oklahoma City a 76-59 advantage midway through the stanza.
The Thunder took an 87-68 lead into the final frame, and led by as many as 28 in the fourth, cruising to the easy win.
Milwaukee forward Larry Sanders was ejected in the fourth quarter after picking up his second technical foul...Oklahoma City was 23-of-25 from the foul line and outrebounded Milwaukee, 44-35.
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 109
Apr 9 10:21 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 87
End of 3rd
Apr 9 9:57 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 61
Apr 9 9:11 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 35
End of 1st
Apr 9 8:37 PM
- OKLAHOMA CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 12:00
Apr 9 8:13 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19