Harris, Smith pace Hawks past BobcatsDec 14, 2012 - 3:32 AM Atlanta, GA (Sports Network) - Devin Harris poured in a game-high 20 points and Josh Smith added 18 points to lead the Atlanta Hawks to a 113-90 win over the Charlotte Bobcats on Thursday.
Ivan Johnson netted a career-high 16 points to go with eight rebounds and Lou Williams had 13 points and nine assists for the Hawks, who have won five of their last six.
Kyle Korver had 13 points and Al Horford chipped in with 11 points in the win.
"I think we were able to keep executing, I think that we didn't get complacent," Smith said. "I think normally when we get big leads we tend to get complacent a little bit and kind of let our guard down. Tonight we were able to keep our foot on the gas and not let up."
Gerald Henderson dropped in a team-high 17 points and Ramon Sessions scored 16 for the Bobcats, who have dropped 10 straight games.
Kemba Walker scored 13 points and dished out six assists in the setback.
"Right off the bat they were at the rim, the first three possessions were layups," said Bobcats coach Mike Dunlap. "Then we fouled them and they got free throws. That is another form of an easy basket. Those are things that, with some clarity and direction, we can take care of."
The Hawks opened up a 30-19 lead after the first 12 minutes. Atlanta shot a blistering 61.1 percent in the frame while holding the Bobcats to just 6-of-20 shooting. Smith scored seven of his 18 in the quarter and Williams scored six after going 2-of-3 from behind the arc.
Atlanta pushed it to 60-43 at the break.
The Hawks shot 68.4 percent in the third quarter and led 91-74 entering the final period. Atlanta outscored the Bobcats 22-16 in the fourth to coast to the easy win.
Atlanta shot 57.3 percent from the floor and went 14-for-29 from 3-point range.
The Hawks matched a season-high with 113 points ... Williams tied a career- high with nine assists ... The Bobcats have allowed 100 or more points in nine of their last 10 losses ... Jeff Taylor had 12 points for Charlotte.
- CHARLOTTE: 90
Dec 13 9:43 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 74
End of 3rd
Dec 13 9:15 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 43
Dec 13 8:37 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 19
End of 1st
Dec 13 8:06 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:42
Dec 13 7:41 PM
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- After fallback season, Hawks look to rise again in East May 9
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Love, James lead Cavs to another sweep, 100-99 over Hawks May 9
- Big Three leads Cavaliers back to Eastern Conference finals May 9
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 8
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 8
- Cavaliers-Hawks Preview May 7
- Cavs looks unstoppable as they eye another playoff sweep May 7
- Frye leads another 3-point barrage, Cavs beat Hawks 121-108 May 7
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 7