Bradley, Celts down SixersMar 6, 2013 - 3:28 AM Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - The Boston Celtics rallied together once Rajon Rondo went down and rattled off seven straight wins -- six at home.
But in the midst of a brutal road stretch since the All-Star break, wins haven't come as easy.
Avery Bradley had 22 points in the Celtics' 109-101 triumph over the Philadelphia 76ers.
"He was good all-around, he's confident," Celtics head coach Doc Rivers said of Bradley.
The Celtics, who have won three in a row, are in the middle of playing 9-of-11 games on the road. They went 2-3 during a five-game road trek right after the break before defeating Golden State Friday in Beantown.
Boston improved to 11-18 away from home, opposed to a 21-8 mark at TD Garden.
Paul Pierce tallied 18 points, 11 rebounds and seven assists, while Kevin Garnett added 18 points, six helpers and five boards in the victory.
Thaddeus Young had 19 points and 10 rebounds to lead the Sixers, who have lost 28 of their last 40 tilts since beginning the year 11-8. They had won six of their last seven meetings against Boston in Philadelphia -- including the postseason.
"They move the ball, they got the guys, they're a good group," Sixers guard Royal Ivey said of Boston.
Already holding a 79-74 lead after three, the Celtics began the fourth on a 12-2 run and never looked back. Jordan Crawford totaled eight points during the surge, which was capped on his second 3-pointer during the spurt for a 91-76 Boston edge with 8:16 left.
The Sixers never got within less than seven the rest of the way.
Boston led 26-23 after a quarter of play and took a 53-46 cushion into the break.
Crawford netted 12 points in all, while Jeff Green recorded 16 points for Boston ... Evan Turner registered 18 points, nine rebounds and seven assists, while Jrue Holiday totaled 18 points and 10 helpers for Philly ... The Sixers have lost nine of their last 10 contests ... Boston turned the ball over 22 times, which led to 30 76er points.
- BOSTON: 109
Mar 5 9:49 PM
- BOSTON: 79
End of 3rd
Mar 5 9:06 PM
- BOSTON: 53
Mar 5 8:17 PM
- BOSTON: 26
End of 1st
Mar 5 7:44 PM
- BOSTON: 0
1st Quarter - 11:42
Mar 5 7:19 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- Celtics' Olynyk undergoes successful shoulder surgery May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Love's Return: Cavs' big man thriving in second postseason May 11
- 76ers add 2 executives to front office, promote key exec May 5
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29