Richardson's 3-point prowess helps Sixers down BobcatsDec 1, 2012 - 6:57 AM Charlotte, NC (Sports Network) - Jason Richardson kept rising and firing from beyond the arc in the fourth quarter.
Rarely did he misfire.
Richardson nailed four of his six three-point attempts and netted 14 of his 22 points in the final frame as the Philadelphia 76ers tallied a 104-98 victory over the Charlotte Bobcats.
"He was tremendous," Sixers coach Doug Collins said of Richardson. "He was our ace of spades tonight."
Jrue Holiday recorded 13 points and a career-high 15 assists, while Evan Turner registered 25 points and 10 rebounds for Philadelphia, which has won three in a row and six of its last eight games.
Ben Gordon had 19 points off the bench for the Bobcats, who have dropped their last three contests.
"Any time you trade baskets with a good team, quality team like that, it's going to bite you in the butt," Gordon admitted. "We didn't do a good job of getting stops when we needed, getting key rebounds when we needed."
The game was tied at 83-83 before the Sixers used a 12-4 run to pull away.
Richardson, who has hit at least two 3-pointers in all 12 games he's played in this season, nailed a pair of triples during the outburst, while Turner's up- and-under scoop shot gave Philadelphia a 95-87 edge with 4:01 to play.
A bit later, a Ramon Sessions reverse layup pulled Charlotte within 97-93, but Richardson's trey at the other end pushed the margin back to seven with 1:11 left and the hosts never got the deficit less than five the rest of the way.
Philadelphia outscored Charlotte, 27-25, in each of the first two quarters and led, 54-50, at the break.
The Sixers took a 76-73 cushion into the fourth.
Philadelphia has won seven of its last eight meetings against Charlotte ... Thaddeus Young had 15 points and seven boards for the Sixers ... Philadelphia shot 51.2 percent (44-of-86) from the floor.
- PHILADELPHIA: 104
Nov 30 9:13 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 76
End of 3rd
Nov 30 8:40 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 54
Nov 30 7:59 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 27
End of 1st
Nov 30 7:32 PM
- PHILADELPHIA: 0
1st Quarter - 11:43
Nov 30 7:12 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- Mutombo rejects lottery conspiracy after Twitter mistake May 17
- The Philadelphia 76ers win lottery; have No. 1 pick in upcoming NBA draft May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- 76ers 1st NBA team to land jersey sponsorship with StubHub May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- 76ers add 2 executives to front office, promote key exec May 5
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 1
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 May 1