Bucks ease past BobcatsDec 8, 2012 - 6:06 AM Milwaukee, WI (Sports Network) - Ersan Ilyasova had 21 points and 12 rebounds to lead the Milwaukee Bucks to a 108-93 win over the Charlotte Bobcats on Friday.
Marquis Daniels added 18 points, while Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis dropped in 15 and 13 points, respectively, for the Bucks, who snapped a two- game skid.
Gerald Henderson had 19 points and Kemba Walker added 16 points and six assists for the Bobcats, losers of six straight. Michael Kidd-Gilchrist had 11 points and 11 rebounds in the setback.
Charlotte kept Milwaukee within arm's reach early in the first quarter, but the Bucks closed the period on a 23-12 spurt to take a 33-20 lead after the first 12 minutes.
"If you don't come out with a lot of energy to start the game and get behind like that it's tough, especially on the road," Henderson said.
Milwaukee kept its foot on the gas in the second quarter and took a 58-40 advantage into the break. Jennings dropped in 11 points in the period, while Ilyasova and Luc Mbah a Moute added six points apiece for the Bucks in the frame.
Milwaukee led 86-61 after the third period, with Daniels leading a balanced scoring attack with eight points in the quarter and Ellis chipping in six. The Bucks shot just 42.9 percent from the floor in the frame, but went 3-for-5 from 3-point range.
Jeff Taylor's dunk capped an 18-4 burst from the Bobcats that cut the deficit to 102-93 with 1:24 to play, but it would as close as Charlotte would get as the Bucks scored the final six points of the game to account for the final margin.
"We had a little letdown, but we picked it back up and got it back rolling," Daniels said.
The Bucks are 21-9 all-time against the Bobcats ... Milwaukee shot just 40.4 percent from the floor, but held Charlotte to just 3-of-13 from behind the arc ... The Bobcats have dropped nine straight at the Bradley Center and fell to 1-14 all-time at the arena.
- CHARLOTTE: 93
Dec 7 10:51 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 61
End of 3rd
Dec 7 10:21 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 40
Dec 7 9:38 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 20
End of 1st
Dec 7 9:07 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:59
Dec 7 8:41 PM
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 1
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 May 1
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Hornets-Heat Preview Apr 30
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 30
- Wade, Heat force Game 7 with 97-90 win over Hornets Apr 29
- Batum 'running on adrenaline' in Game 6 after birth of child Apr 29
- LeBron 'not fond' of NBA's reviews of officiating Apr 29
- Blazers, Hornets can cap comebacks, Raptors also can advance Apr 29