Spurs put on shooting clinic in rout of BobcatsDec 9, 2012 - 4:02 AM Charlotte, NC (Sports Network) - Danny Green hit a career-high seven 3- pointers as part of a 23-point night and San Antonio put on a clinic from long range in a 132-102 rout of Charlotte.
San Antonio set a new franchise record as the team made 19 3-pointers in the game, getting 3-balls from eight different players in the win.
"We were fortunate in that we made a lot of threes," said San Antonio head coach Gregg Popovich. "It's not something that you'll normally see in a game, but we were able to hit our shots and made it really hard on Charlotte."
Tony Parker scored 22 points with nine assists, while Manu Ginobili made three triples in an 11-point night for the Spurs, who have won four straight and nine of their last 10 games.
Kemba Walker posted 23 points, while Gerald Henderson added 13 points for the Bobcats, who have lost their past seven games.
"They can get you with shooters from all angles and all ways," said Charlotte head coach Mike Dunlap. "So you kind of have to pick your poison in how you want to play them."
San Antonio trailed by six points in the latter stages of the first quarter, but 3-pointers from Green and Parker tied the contest.
After an exchange of buckets, Ginobili hit a 3-pointer that saw the Spurs take a lead they never gave back, and the team took a 32-23 lead into the second quarter.
The Spurs continued to go with the long ball in the second quarter, making five from behind the line in the frame, as the team led 59-44 after two quarters.
A 9-0 run early in the third quarter pushed the lead to 23 points, 75-52, after Green followed a 3-pointer with a layup with under seven minutes to play.
San Antonio later hit three straight 3-pointers to help the team take a 97-67 lead into the final frame.
The Spurs' lead never fell below 25 points in the final quarter.
The Spurs attempted 34 shots from beyond the arc and the team finished the game with 38 assists, including seven from Ginobili ... The Spurs have won four straight and 10 of the last 11 games against the Bobcats.
- SAN ANTONIO: 132
Dec 8 9:16 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 97
End of 3rd
Dec 8 8:45 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 59
Dec 8 8:03 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 32
End of 1st
Dec 8 7:34 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 11:45
Dec 8 7:13 PM
- Spurs-Thunder Preview May 23
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Durant, Thunder beat Spurs and return to conference finals May 13
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13
- Thunder beat Spurs, advance to Western Conference finals May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 11