Kings use balanced attack to down BobcatsJan 20, 2013 - 6:42 AM Charlotte, NC (Sports Network) - Marcus Thornton scored 18 points and DeMarcus Cousins notched a double-double with 17 points and 10 rebounds as the Sacramento Kings edged the Charlotte Bobcats, 97-93, at Time Warner Cable Arena.
Tyreke Evans added 16 points to go with four assists and Isaiah Thomas finished with 15 points for the Kings, winners in three of their last four games.
Jason Thompson scored 11 points in the victory.
"Our guys did a good job of moving the ball and making that extra pass tonight," Kings coach Keith Smart said of his team's 24 assists.
Ramon Sessions scored 16 points, Gerald Henderson had 15 and Kemba Walker dropped in 14 points to go with 10 assists for the Bobcats, who have dropped six of their last seven.
Hakim Warrick and Ben Gordon added 12 points apiece in the setback.
Charlotte outscored the Kings, 14-10 for 9 1/2 minutes of the fourth quarter to take a 90-88 lead. Sacramento, though, scored the next six points of the game to go up 94-90 with 44 seconds left. Evans' layup provided a two-point edge with 1:19 left, and he followed it with another lay-in.
Sessions' 3-point play pulled the Bobcats within 94-93 four seconds later, but the Kings held Charlotte scoreless the rest of the way.
Thomas made a pair of free throws with 18.4 seconds left, and Walker missed a potential tying 3-point shot in the closing seconds. Thomas then made 1-of-2 from the foul line with 2.4 seconds to go.
"It was definitely a tough one," Charlotte forward Jeff Adrien remarked. "We battled the whole night. We just have to be able to figure out how to win those close ones. There have been a couple of them."
Sacramento led 25-20 after the first quarter and took a 51-46 lead into the break. The Bobcats outscored the Kings, 30-27, to cut the lead to 78-76 entering the final frame.
Sacramento outscored Charlotte, 50-32, in the paint ... The Bobcats had 15 turnovers leading to 19 points ... Charlotte went 26-of-38 from the free throw line.
- SACRAMENTO: 97
Jan 19 9:30 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 78
End of 3rd
Jan 19 8:49 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 51
Jan 19 8:07 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 25
End of 1st
Jan 19 7:34 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 0
1st Quarter - 11:40
Jan 19 7:11 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 1
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 May 1
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Hornets-Heat Preview Apr 30
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 30
- Wade, Heat force Game 7 with 97-90 win over Hornets Apr 29