Butler, Bulls beat BobcatsJan 29, 2013 - 5:49 AM
Joakim Noah scored 13 points, pulled down 18 rebounds, dished out seven assists and blocked five shots, while Carlos Boozer chipped in with 13 points for the Bulls, winners in four of their last five games.
"I think that we have been playing good basketball, but we have to keep improving," Noah said. "We have a good mindset right now. Charlotte is a team with a lot of talent so you have to come ready to play."
Luol Deng, who had missed the last five games with a hamstring injury, added 12 points in the triumph.
Kemba Walker and Ben Gordon each scored 18 points and Jeff Adrien added 14 points and 10 rebounds for the Bobcats, who have dropped nine of their last 11 games.
"(Noah) does all the dirty work that the other guys don't like to do," Gordon said. "He is a winning player and does whatever it takes for his team to get the win."
Chicago lead 21-18 after the first 12 minutes and took a 49-40 lead into the break.
Charlotte outscored the Bulls, 15-14, in the third quarter to make it 63-55 entering the final frame. Both teams struggled offensively in the third, with the Bobcats shooting 31.8 percent (7-for-22) and Chicago going just 4-for-15 from the floor. The Bulls also went 5-for-10 from the free throw line in the period.
A pair of Ramon Sessions free throws with just under two minutes left brought the Bobcats within 86-80, but they never came closer the rest of the way.
Butler's 19 points were a career-high ... Robinson set a career-high with three blocks ... The Bobcats went 6-for-12 from 3-point range ... Gordon made 4-of-5 from behind the arc.
- CHARLOTTE: 85
Jan 28 10:30 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 55
End of 3rd
Jan 28 9:52 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 40
Jan 28 9:08 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 18
End of 1st
Jan 28 8:35 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:44
Jan 28 8:11 PM
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 1
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 May 1
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Hornets-Heat Preview Apr 30
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 30
- Wade, Heat force Game 7 with 97-90 win over Hornets Apr 29
- Batum 'running on adrenaline' in Game 6 after birth of child Apr 29
- LeBron 'not fond' of NBA's reviews of officiating Apr 29
- Blazers, Hornets can cap comebacks, Raptors also can advance Apr 29
- Heat-Hornets Preview Apr 28