Nuggets dump struggling BobcatsFeb 24, 2013 - 5:41 AM
Andre Iguodala added 13 points and 10 assists, while JaVale McGee provided 17 points, six boards and three blocks off the bench for Denver, which snapped a four-game road losing streak.
"The guys were out there playing hard on both ends and it really showed in how we played tonight," Nuggets head coach George Karl said.
Kemba Walker netted 24 points to lead the Bobcats, who have dropped 11 of their last 14 contests.
"We'd turn it over and they'd get an easy basket," Dunlap said, whose team turned it over 18 times that led to 23 Denver points.
The Nuggets led 31-29 after a quarter of play and took a 60-54 edge into the break, but began to pull away to close the third.
Back-to-back buckets by Ramon Sessions and Jeff Taylor pulled the Bobcats within 77-73 with less than three minutes left in the frame before Denver outscored the hosts 6-1 to build an 83-74 advantage after three.
Corey Brewer and Kenneth Faried made layups prior to Taylor splitting a pair from the stripe and Brewer sunk two free throws to cap the mini burst.
Wilson Chandler's layup with 10:20 left gave the Nuggets an 87-76 cushion and Charlotte never got within single digits the rest of the way.
Denver has won four straight tilts against Charlotte ... Denver hadn't lost five in a road away from the Pepsi Center since a six-game skid from Dec. 8-28, 2009.
- DENVER: 113
Feb 23 9:26 PM
- DENVER: 83
End of 3rd
Feb 23 8:50 PM
- DENVER: 60
Feb 23 8:08 PM
- DENVER: 31
End of 1st
Feb 23 7:35 PM
- DENVER: 0
1st Quarter - 11:52
Feb 23 7:11 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 1
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 May 1
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Hornets-Heat Preview Apr 30
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 30
- Wade, Heat force Game 7 with 97-90 win over Hornets Apr 29
- Batum 'running on adrenaline' in Game 6 after birth of child Apr 29
- LeBron 'not fond' of NBA's reviews of officiating Apr 29