Kings annihilate lowly BobcatsMar 4, 2013 - 4:39 AM Sacramento, CA (Sports Network) - John Salmons netted five 3-pointers en route to 22 points and the Sacramento Kings torched the Charlotte Bobcats with 119-83 victory on Sunday.
The Kings buried 13 triples for the game and created such enormous separation by outscoring the Bobcats 70-32 in the second and third quarters.
Marcus Thornton scored 18 points, Isaiah Thomas had 10 with seven assists and Tyreke Evans added 13 points and seven rebounds. Each player buried two 3- pointers to help Sacramento collect its second win in three games.
Jason Thompson totaled a double-double with 18 points and 14 boards, while DeMarcus Cousins finished with 14 points and nine rebounds in the victory.
"We moved the ball (well)," Salmons said. "We had multiple guys in double figures, and every time you have a stat sheet like that usually you win the game."
Charlotte made just 36.4 percent of its shots in its sixth straight loss. Gerald Henderson and Byron Mullens each scored 12 points for the Bobcats, who have dropped 10 of their last 11 on the road.
The clubs were knotted at 27-27 after the first, but Sacramento started to catch fire by the end of the second. They closed the half on a 9-0 run, with Salmons and Evans each contributing a triple to the surge.
Salmons stayed hot in the third as the Kings continued to pour it on, as he made four of the Sacramento's seven 3-pointers in the quarter to help push the lead to an astounding 41 points.
The Bobcats converted just 25 percent (9-for-36) of their shots over the second and third quarters combined and trailed 97-59 heading into the fourth.
Sacramento led by as many as 43 points in the final period several times before the final buzzer.
"It was ugly," Bobcats forward Josh McRoberts said. "You don't come into the game wanting that to happen."
The Kings outrebounded the Bobcats 60-31 ... The Bobcats lost by 30 in their previous game, a loss to the Utah Jazz ... Sacramento had 19 second chance points to Charlotte's five ... The Kings were 13-for-33 from 3-point range.
- CHARLOTTE: 83
Mar 3 8:21 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 59
End of 3rd
Mar 3 7:55 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 40
Mar 3 7:06 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 27
End of 1st
Mar 3 6:36 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:44
Mar 3 6:11 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 1
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 May 1
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Hornets-Heat Preview Apr 30
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 30
- Wade, Heat force Game 7 with 97-90 win over Hornets Apr 29