Ariza helps Wizards best BobcatsMar 10, 2013 - 7:15 AM
Martell Webster chipped in with 20 points and Nene finished with 19 points and eight rebounds for the Wizards, who had lost four of their last five entering the contest.
John Wall scored 13 points and dished out six assists in the triumph.
"This was the best thing that could have happened to us," Wizards coach Randy Whittman said of playing the night after losing by 17 at Brooklyn. "The worst thing would have been to have a couple of days to sit at it and mope about it. I was so happy we had a back-to-back after that game. They wanted to make amends for the performance we had."
Kemba Walker scored 29 points to go with six assists and Gerald Henderson had 17 points for the Bobcats, who have dropped 10 straight games.
"I think we did alright offensively, but we couldn't stop them enough," Henderson said.
The Wizards led 27-24 after the first quarter, and opened the second frame with a 22-5 run to go up 49-29 with five minutes left in the half.
The Bobcats closed the period on a 9-5 swing to go into the break trailing 59-42.
Nene led the way for the Wizards in the second, pouring in 10 points on 3-of-4 shooting from the floor. He finished with 16 points in half and Webster added 14 over the first 24 minutes.
Washington's lead eclipsed 20 several times throughout the third, but Charlotte was able to cut the margin to 80-64 entering the final frame.
Ben Gordon's jumper just over three minutes into the fourth pulled the Bobcats within nine, 83-74, but the Wizards used a 10-1 run to go up 93-75 with 4:53 left.
Charlotte couldn't get closer than 13 the rest of the way.
Washington's bench outscored Charlotte's reserves 44-33 ... The Wizards shot 50 percent from the field and went 10-for-18 from 3-point range ... Gordon scored 13 points and Brendan Haywood finished with 10 points and seven boards off the bench for the Bobcats.
- CHARLOTTE: 87
Mar 9 11:24 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 64
End of 3rd
Mar 9 10:48 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 42
Mar 9 10:09 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 24
End of 1st
Mar 9 8:35 PM
- CHARLOTTE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:36
Mar 9 8:12 PM
- Hornets PG Kemba Walker has another surgery on left knee May 9
- Wizards All-Star guard John Wall undergoes knee surgery May 5
- Hornets future unclear with 4 starters becoming free agents May 2
- NBA Playoff Capsules May 1
- Heat roll past Hornets in Game 7, 106-73 May 1
- Game 7's to decide Miami-Charlotte, Toronto-Indiana series Apr 30
- Hornets-Heat Preview Apr 30
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 30
- Wade, Heat force Game 7 with 97-90 win over Hornets Apr 29
- Batum 'running on adrenaline' in Game 6 after birth of child Apr 29
- LeBron 'not fond' of NBA's reviews of officiating Apr 29
- Blazers, Hornets can cap comebacks, Raptors also can advance Apr 29