Deng and Bulls rout MavsNov 29, 2012 - 6:30 AM Chicago, IL (Sports Network) - Luol Deng had 22 points and Nate Robinson had 14 points and six assists to lead the Chicago Bulls to a 101-78 win over the Dallas Mavericks on Wednesday.
Joakim Noah posted a double-double with 13 points and 10 boards and also dished out five assists and Jimmy Butler dropped in 13 off the bench for the Bulls, who have won two of their last three.
"It was a good win. I think when we play with that energy and everyone is on that same wave length, I think we definitely have a better shot at winning games," said Noah.
Shawn Marion scored 18 points while Chris Kaman, Dominique Jones and Vince Carter each had 10 for the Mavericks, losers in three straight.
"I loved our start to the game, but they kept chipping away," Mavs head coach Rick Carlisle said. "Our response wasn't good. No excuses, we played last night and all that, but we just have to do a better job."
O.J. Mayo, who averaged 20.8 points per game entering the contest, was held to just four points on 2-of-9 shooting in the setback.
Chicago took a slim 24-23 lead after the first quarter, but busted the game open in the second, outscoring the Mavs 34-19 in the period.
The Bulls shot 57.9 percent in the second and were 3-for-5 from 3-point range. Robinson scored 10 of his 14 in the frame while dishing out five assists. Chicago led by 19 following Noah's layup at the 1:35 mark, but Dallas was able to cut it to 58-42 at the break.
Chicago led by as many as 21 in the third before pushing it to 29 at 101-72 with just over a minute left in the game, but the Mavs scored the final six points of the contest to account for the final margin.
Dallas was held to 34.6 percent shooting for the game, and made just 4-of-18 3-pointers, but did convert on 18-of-20 free throws.
The Bulls shot 60 percent (6-for-10) from beyond the arc.
Following the game Carlisle announced the Mavs will sign point guard Derek Fisher on Thursday.
"We need help at the point guard position. I might as well announce that we are going to sing Derek Fisher (Thursday)," Carlisle said. "I think he can really help our situation with experience, defensively and really in all aspects of the game."
Fisher, 38, spent parts of last season with the Los Angeles Lakers and the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Chicago will host the Philadelphia 76ers on Saturday ... The Bulls went 27- for-33 from the charity stripe ... Dallas forced 21 turnovers ... The Mavs will host the Detroit Pistons on Saturday.
- DALLAS: 78
Nov 28 10:28 PM
- DALLAS: 58
End of 3rd
Nov 28 9:49 PM
- DALLAS: 42
Nov 28 9:08 PM
- DALLAS: 23
End of 1st
Nov 28 8:36 PM
- DALLAS: 0
1st Quarter - 11:48
Nov 28 8:13 PM
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Mavericks guard Harris has surgeries on left toe, thumb May 10
- Nowitzki not retiring, all but certain to return to Mavs Apr 26
- Westbrook leads Thunder past Mavericks; OKC wins series 4-1 Apr 26
- Thunder use balance to advance past Mavericks Apr 26
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 26
- Mejri, Lee out for Dallas against Oklahoma City playoff game Apr 25
- Face of fracas? Durant says testy playoffs just part of game Apr 25
- Thunder look to advance; Hornets, Blazers try to even series Apr 25
- NBA fines Westbrook, Durant for Game 4 violations Apr 24