Bucks take down MavericksFeb 27, 2013 - 6:36 AM Milwaukee Bucks' 95-90 win over the Dallas Mavericks.
"Monta was incredible all night long. He was all over the floor," Bucks interim head coach Jim Boylan said.
Larry Sanders added 13 points and 13 rebounds for the Bucks, who had dropped seven of their last eight games coming in.
Dirk Nowitzki tallied 21 points and 20 boards to lead Dallas, which has lost two straight since prevailing in five of its previous six tilts.
"Our collective will has to be stronger," Dallas head coach Rick Carlisle said. "I've got to coach these younger guys harder and better."
The Mavs were just 1-of-17 from beyond the arc.
Dallas tied the contest at 90-90 on Elton Brand's layup with 1:21 to play, but the Bucks netted the final five points of the game.
Ellis nailed a pull-up jumper at the other end to put Milwaukee ahead. Missed jumpers by Vince Carter and Darren Collison, sandwiched around Sanders' hook shot that was off the mark, kept the Bucks in front with 17.9 seconds left.
Milwaukee's Ersan Ilyasova then sunk two free throws with 17.1 seconds to play and Nowitzki was off on a 3-pointer with 13.9 on the clock to essentially seal the outcome.
Milwaukee outscored the Mavericks by a 29-20 margin in the final frame.
Dallas took a 21-17 advantage after a quarter of play, a 49-44 edge into the break and a 70-66 cushion into the fourth quarter.
The Mavericks turned the ball over 20 times, which led to 19 Milwaukee points ... O.J. Mayo netted 18 points for the Mavs ... J.J. Redick recorded 14 points off the bench for the Bucks.
- MILWAUKEE: 95
Feb 26 10:53 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 66
End of 3rd
Feb 26 10:17 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 44
Feb 26 9:37 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 17
End of 1st
Feb 26 9:06 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:41
Feb 26 8:41 PM
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Mavericks guard Harris has surgeries on left toe, thumb May 10
- Nowitzki not retiring, all but certain to return to Mavs Apr 26
- Westbrook leads Thunder past Mavericks; OKC wins series 4-1 Apr 26
- Thunder use balance to advance past Mavericks Apr 26
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 26
- Mejri, Lee out for Dallas against Oklahoma City playoff game Apr 25
- Face of fracas? Durant says testy playoffs just part of game Apr 25
- Thunder look to advance; Hornets, Blazers try to even series Apr 25