Mavs hammer T-Wolves for third straight winMar 11, 2013 - 2:34 AM Dallas Mavericks defeated the Minnesota Timberwolves, 100-77, on Sunday.
Carter shot 8-of-15 from the field, including 4-of-5 from behind the arc. Dirk Nowitzki had 16 points and nine rebounds, Brandan Wright scored 13 points and Elton Brand recorded a double-double with 10 points and 12 rebounds for the Mavericks, who are on a three-game winning streak.
"I think everyone did a great job," said Mavericks coach Rick Carlisle. "We got to keep our heads as we keep going on this trip. We owe it to ourselves and everyone who follows us, we have to keep our focus."
Derrick Williams had 18 points and nine rebounds and J.J. Barea scored 16 points off the bench for the Timberwolves, who have lost eight of their last nine games.
"We had shot after shot and we missed shot after shot," said Timberwolves coach Rick Adelman. "We were just worn out. We got to regroup on Tuesday."
The Mavericks had a 21-20 edge entering the second quarter, but opened up the period on a 17-1 run to increase their lead to 38-21 with 8:41 remaining in the half.
Dallas was efficient in the period, shooting 66.7 percent from the field, including 4-of-8 from three-point range. Carter scored 10 points.
By halftime, the Mavericks had a 56-44 lead.
The Timberwolves continued to struggle in the second half, scoring just 33 points on 35 percent shooting, and missed all nine of their 3-point tries.
Late in the third quarter, the Mavericks extended their lead as high as 19, 78-59, before taking a 78-61 cushion into the fourth.
Barea shot 6-of-15 from the field but the rest of Minnesota's bench shot 2- of-15 ... The Timberwolves are 6-25 since Kevin Love broke his hand on Jan. 8 ... Dallas and Minnesota split the season series 2-2 for the first time since the 2004-05 season ... The Mavericks have won eight of the last 12 meetings.
- DALLAS: 100
Mar 10 9:10 PM
- DALLAS: 100
End of Regulation
Mar 10 9:10 PM
- DALLAS: 78
End of 3rd
Mar 10 8:43 PM
- DALLAS: 56
Mar 10 8:04 PM
- DALLAS: 21
End of 1st
Mar 10 7:34 PM
- DALLAS: 0
1st Quarter - 11:35
Mar 10 7:11 PM
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Timberwolves will not retain Newton, Kander May 20
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- T-wolves will send Towns with Flip's ring for lottery luck May 16
- Weekend Sports in Brief May 16
- AP Source: Karl-Anthony Towns is NBA Rookie of the Year May 15
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Mavericks guard Harris has surgeries on left toe, thumb May 10
- Zach LaVine wins NBA Cares Community Assist award for April May 9