Lopez, Williams lead Nets past MavericksMar 21, 2013 - 5:44 AM Brooklyn Nets downed the Dallas Mavericks, 113-96, at American Airlines Center.
Lopez scored a season-high 38 points and pulled down 11 rebounds, and Williams scored 26 of his 31 points after the break in helping the Nets improve to 2-0 on their eight-game road trip.
Brooklyn won the battle on the glass by a 45-34 margin thanks in large part to Reggie Evans cleaning up 22 boards in a winning effort.
Dirk Nowitzki and Chris Kaman led Dallas with 16 and 14 points, respectively, as the Mavs opened their six-game homestand on a sour note.
"Our defense wasn't good enough," Nowitzki said.
Lopez and Williams combined to outscore the Mavs, 27-26, in the third quarter by themselves, and the Nets took an 85-77 lead into the fourth.
Quiet for most of the night, Joe Johnson drained a critical 3-pointer to extended Brooklyn's lead to 106-96 with under three minutes remaining, and Williams connected from long range the next time down to essentially seal the win.
"I'm not saying that's as good as we can play, but that's one of our best games obviously all year," Nets coach P.J. Carlesimo said. "It's a hell of a win for us."
Lopez scored 15 points in the first quarter alone, but the Mavs' balanced attack had them in front, 32-22, heading to the second.
Brooklyn quickly pulled even as Andray Blatche and Keith Bogans combined for 12 points during a 14-4 run to open the second quarter, and it remained tied going into halftime, 51-51.
The Mavs shot 50 percent from the field, falling for just the third time in 19 games this season when doing so ... The road team has taken the last four meetings in the series ... Blatche had 14 points for the Nets, who scored 18 more points in the paint (52-34).
- BROOKLYN: 113
Mar 20 10:29 PM
- BROOKLYN: 85
End of 3rd
Mar 20 9:55 PM
- BROOKLYN: 51
Mar 20 9:08 PM
- BROOKLYN: 22
End of 1st
Mar 20 8:37 PM
- BROOKLYN: 0
1st Quarter - 11:33
Mar 20 8:12 PM
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- NBA draft returning to Brooklyn's Barclays Center May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Mavericks guard Harris has surgeries on left toe, thumb May 10
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29
- Nowitzki not retiring, all but certain to return to Mavs Apr 26
- Thunder use balance to advance past Mavericks Apr 26
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 26