Marion paces Mavs over KingsApr 6, 2013 - 7:15 AM Sacramento, CA (Sports Network) - Shawn Marion scored a team-high 25 points and pulled down 12 rebounds to lead the Dallas Mavericks to a 117-108 win over the Sacramento Kings on Friday.
Brandan Wright and Darren Collison added 20 and 18 points off the bench, respectively, and Dirk Nowitzki scored 16 for the Mavericks, who stayed within three games of the Los Angeles Lakers for the final spot in the Western Conference playoffs.
"Our balance was good, we shared the ball well, and for us we rebounded well, so that was key," said Dallas coach Rick Carlisle.
Isaiah Thomas poured in a game-high 29 points and Tyreke Evans added 26 points, nine rebounds and six assists for the Kings, who got 16 points and 16 rebounds from Jason Thompson.
"They just made plays, we didn't get defensive stops," said Thomas. "It wasn't just that second quarter, it was the third and fourth quarters. We didn't get stops."
Sacramento jumped out to a 27-18 lead after the first quarter, but Dallas outscored the Kings 41-26 in the second to take a 59-53 lead at the break.
A Patrick Patterson triple with 8 1/2 minutes left gave the Kings a 41-31 lead, but the Mavs used a 16-6 run to tie the game at 47-47.
Thomas' 3-point play gave the Kings a 50-47 edge with just over 3 1/2 minutes left in the first half, but Dallas closed the half on a 12-3 surge to hold a six-point edge.
The Mavericks' spread grew as large as 15 in the third and Dallas went into the final frame with a 92-81 cushion.
Sacramento opened the fourth quarter with a 9-2 swing to make it 94-90, but Dallas scored nine straight to take a 103-90 lead.
A Toney Douglas triple with 6 1/2 minutes left pulled the Kings within 103-95, but after that Sacramento couldn't get closer than nine the rest of the way.
Dallas had lost two straight entering the contest ... The Mavs will visit the Portland Trail Blazers on Sunday ... Kings center DeMarcus Cousins was removed from the starting lineup because of disciplinary actions. He scored six points in just over nine minutes.
- DALLAS: 117
Apr 6 12:19 AM
- DALLAS: 92
End of 3rd
Apr 5 11:49 PM
- DALLAS: 59
Apr 5 11:08 PM
- DALLAS: 18
End of 1st
Apr 5 10:38 PM
- DALLAS: 0
1st Quarter - 11:56
Apr 5 10:11 PM
- The Latest: Cuban: Sure, he'd run with Clinton or Trump May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Mavericks guard Harris has surgeries on left toe, thumb May 10
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28
- Nowitzki not retiring, all but certain to return to Mavs Apr 26
- Thunder use balance to advance past Mavericks Apr 26
- NBA Playoff Capsules Apr 26