Durant, Westbrook power Thunder to win over CavsNov 12, 2012 - 4:18 AM Oklahoma City, OK (Sports Network) - Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook combined for 53 points in the Oklahoma City Thunder's 106-91 rout of the Cleveland Cavaliers.
Durant tallied 26 points and eight rebounds, while Westbrook added 27 points, 10 assists and six boards for Oklahoma City, which has won four in a row and five of six.
Kyrie Irving registered 20 points and five assists for the Cavs, who have dropped five of their last six contests.
Irving's reverse layup brought Cleveland within 67-64 with 3:42 remaining in the third before Westbrook scored eight of his team's final 10 points of the frame.
His running bank shot from 31 feet away at the buzzer gave Oklahoma City a 79-73 lead heading into the fourth.
"That kind of broke their back a little bit," Durant said of the buzzer- beating shot.
"We wanted to take the foul once they caught it and started dribbling up the court," Cleveland head coach Byron Scott said of the play.
An 11-3 run helped the Thunder establish a 98-81 advantage with 4:04 to play.
Oklahoma City led 27-21 after a quarter of play and took a 57-46 edge into the locker room.
The Thunder shot 54.8 percent from the floor (40-of-73), compared to a 41 percent effort by Cleveland (34-of-83) ... Oklahoma City outrebounded Cleveland, 41-36.
- CLEVELAND: 91
OKLAHOMA CITY: 106
Nov 11 9:22 PM
- CLEVELAND: 73
OKLAHOMA CITY: 79
End of 3rd
Nov 11 8:49 PM
- CLEVELAND: 46
OKLAHOMA CITY: 57
Nov 11 8:04 PM
- CLEVELAND: 21
OKLAHOMA CITY: 27
End of 1st
Nov 11 7:36 PM
- CLEVELAND: 0
OKLAHOMA CITY: 0
1st Quarter - 11:45
Nov 11 7:11 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Cavaliers-Raptors Preview May 23
- Physical intensity picks up between Cavaliers and Raptors May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Cavs' Jones suspended; Raptors coach Casey fined May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Jones suspended, Casey fined by NBA for Game 3 actions May 22
- Mark Cuban tells 'Meet The Press' Thunder are his title pick May 22
- DeRozan, Raptors end Cavaliers' streak with 99-84 win May 22
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21