Nets down MagicNov 12, 2012 - 1:12 AM Brooklyn, NY (Sports Network) - Brook Lopez scored a game-high 20 points as the Brooklyn Nets completed the sweep of a home-and-home series against the Orlando Magic with an 82-74 victory at Barclays Center.
Deron Williams added 17 points, seven assists and seven rebounds, while Kris Humphries added a double-double with 14 points and 21 rebounds for the Nets, who have won three of five.
Glen Davis had 19 points and 10 rebounds, and Nikola Vucevic contributed 14 points and 12 boards for Orlando, which has dropped four straight.
Arron Afflalo netted 19 points in defeat.
"Overall, I was pleased with the fight that we had tonight," Magic head coach Jacque Vaughn said.
After an Afflalo dunk gave Orlando a 6-5 lead with just over four minutes into the first quarter, the Magic would not lead again and scored just nine more points for the remainder of the frame as Brooklyn used a 58 percent shooting performance, including a 5-for-8 mark from three-point range, to run out to a 35-17 lead entering the second quarter.
Orlando, meanwhile, was held to just 27 percent shooting from the floor in the opening 12 minutes.
Brooklyn's shooting cooled down from there, but the Magic never seriously threatened until late in the game.
Orlando trailed 50-35 heading into the third quarter and managed to cut its deficit to 63-53 entering the fourth, but the Nets opened the final period with five straight points to regain their comfortable cushion.
The Magic answered with a 13-5 run to cut their deficit to 73-66 and later pulled within 77-72 with just over a minute remaining.
But Lopez answered with a floater at the other end and after Vucevic and E'Twaun Moore each missed shots on Orlando's ensuing possession, Brooklyn was able to close out the game at the foul line to seal the victory.
"We'll definitely take the win. We're happy about that, but we're not happy about the way we finished the game," Williams said.
Nets forward Gerald Wallace and guard Marshon Brooks both missed their second consecutive games with ankle injuries ... J.J. Redick had 10 points and nine assists for Orlando ... Brooklyn held a 55-41 advantage on the glass but was outscored in the paint, 48-30 ... The Nets finished the game shooting 37.2 percent, while Orlando shot 36.1 percent from the floor.
- ORLANDO: 74
Nov 11 5:27 PM
- ORLANDO: 53
End of 3rd
Nov 11 4:49 PM
- ORLANDO: 35
Nov 11 4:09 PM
- ORLANDO: 15
End of 1st
Nov 11 3:42 PM
- ORLANDO: 0
1st Quarter - 11:59
Nov 11 3:14 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- NBA draft returning to Brooklyn's Barclays Center May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Thursday's Sports in Brief May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Scott Skiles resigns as coach of Magic after just 1 season May 12
- BC-AP Sports Preview Digest May 12
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29