Rockets continue domination of NetsJan 27, 2013 - 4:57 AM Houston, TX (Sports Network) - James Harden had 29 points and seven assists in the Houston Rockets' 119-106 victory over the Brooklyn Nets.
Omer Asik added 20 points and 16 rebounds for the Rockets, who have won 12 in a row against the Nets.
Jeremy Lin tallied 14 points and nine helpers, while Chandler Parsons registered 16 points, 11 assists and six boards in the win.
"I think everybody did a good job of rebounding," Harden said. "Every guy that stepped on the court got out in transition and got some easy layups and got some 3-balls and just played our game. Our brand of basketball."
Deron Williams recorded 20 of his 27 points in the opening quarter and added 11 assists for Brooklyn, which has dropped two straight after winning 10 of its previous 11.
"A lot of the game we had trouble finding the combination of people to get us offense, defense and rebounding," Nets interim head coach P.J. Carlesimo said.
The Nets led 29-28 after a quarter of play, but Houston seized control of the contest in the second with an 18-3 run.
Asik had six points, while Parsons added six points during the surge, which was capped on a Carlos Delfino 3-pointer for a 53-35 cushion midway through the frame.
Houston took a 62-49 edge into the break and the margin reached its apex at 20 in the third when Asik's layup made it 80-60 halfway through the period.
The Rockets headed into the final frame with an 89-80 advantage and the Nets never cut the deficit below eight in the fourth.
The standoff between the Rockets and rookie forward Royce White was eased on Saturday when the team announced it had lifted White's suspension. White, who originally refused to accept an assignment to the NBA Developmental League, will report to the Rio Grande Valley Vipers on February 11 ... Williams was ejected with 1:07 left for arguing with a referee.
- BROOKLYN: 106
Jan 26 10:21 PM
- BROOKLYN: 80
End of 3rd
Jan 26 9:47 PM
- BROOKLYN: 49
Jan 26 9:05 PM
- BROOKLYN: 29
End of 1st
Jan 26 8:35 PM
- BROOKLYN: 0
1st Quarter - 11:44
Jan 26 8:12 PM
- NBA draft returning to Brooklyn's Barclays Center May 18
- NBA China to open basketball-themed Playzone in Shanghai May 17
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Rockets must find coach in wake of first-round ouster Apr 29
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29
- Warriors reach second round with MVP Stephen Curry sidelined Apr 28
- Warriors roll into second round of playoffs without Curry Apr 28
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 27
- Rockets-Warriors Preview Apr 26
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 26