Noah leads Bulls past NetsMar 3, 2013 - 7:07 AM Chicago Bulls' struggling offense.
Noah followed up an extraordinary 23-point, 21-rebound and 11-block performance Thursday with a 21-point, 10-rebound effort Saturday in the Bulls' 96-85 triumph over the Brooklyn Nets.
Noah was 10-of-13 from the field and added five assists and four blocks for Chicago, which went just 5-8 in February. The Bulls' offense tallied just 85.7 points per game over their last seven contests coming in.
"I'm not doing anything different. It's just opportunities," Noah said of his last two games.
Carlos Boozer finished with 20 points, eight boards and five steals in the victory.
The win moves Chicago a half-game ahead of Brooklyn for the fifth spot in the Eastern Conference.
Brook Lopez netted 22 points to lead the Nets, who have dropped four of their last five games.
"Our energy, effort . isn't there," Nets guard Joe Johnson, who returned from a three-game absence due to a foot injury, said.
The game was tied 27-27 after a quarter of play, but the Bulls closed the opening half on a 15-0 run to seize control of the contest. Daequan Cook, Nate Robinson and Kirk Hinrich nailed 3-pointers during the surge and Chicage entered the break with a 53-39 cushion.
The Bulls led 77-59 after three and the margin reached its apex at 20 in the final frame.
Chicago has won 12 of its last 15 home tilts against Brooklyn ... The Nets turned the ball over 21 times, which led to 24 Chicago points ... The Bulls went 14-of-14 from the foul line.
- BROOKLYN: 85
Mar 2 10:24 PM
- BROOKLYN: 59
End of 3rd
Mar 2 9:51 PM
- BROOKLYN: 39
Mar 2 9:07 PM
- BROOKLYN: 27
End of 1st
Mar 2 8:37 PM
- BROOKLYN: 0
1st Quarter - 11:45
Mar 2 8:12 PM
- NBA draft returning to Brooklyn's Barclays Center May 18
- After long overseas career, Nets coach Atkinson back in NY May 16
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- Celtics' president Ainge embracing expectation-filled summer May 4
- Optimism high as Celtics enter a likely active offseason Apr 29
- Timberwolves hire Thibodeau as coach/president, Layden is GM Apr 20
- APNewsBreak: Timberwolves talking with Mark Jackson Apr 19
- Nets hire Hawks assistant Kenny Atkinson as new coach Apr 17
- Company of Russian owner of Brooklyn Nets searched in Moscow Apr 15
- Steve Kerr enjoying the ride watching Warriors make history Apr 14
- Tough season and more tough times ahead for the Nets Apr 14
- Changes could be in store for Bulls after rough season Apr 14