Pacers roll past Magic in OrlandoMar 9, 2013 - 4:53 AM Indiana Pacers dominated the Orlando Magic, 115-86, on Friday.
Tyler Hansbrough added 18 points and six rebounds for the Pacers, who bounced back from a tough loss to the Celtics on Wednesday. D.J. Augustin made four 3- pointers for 14 points, George Hill added 11 points and Lance Stephenson and Roy Hibbert each donated 10 in the victory.
Indiana shot 51.8 percent from the floor and went 11-of-19 from beyond the arc.
"We're growing on the offensive end," Pacers head coach Frank Vogel said. "We know if we put together solid offensive play with the way we defend and rebound we have a chance to do something special."
Arron Afflalo had 19 points to pace the Magic, who have lost seven straight at home. Nikola Vucevic and Beno Udrih tallied 12 points apiece.
The Magic jumped out to a 6-2 lead, but it was all Indiana after that. An ensuing 14-4 run by the Pacers made it a 16-10 contest with 5:16 left in the first quarter.
George ended the opening period with a pair of baskets around Vucevic's jumper, making it 22-15 Indiana heading into the second.
The Pacers really started to pull away midway through the second frame as Augustin bookended a 12-4 run with a pair of 3-pointers to make it a 47-31 game with 4:12 remaining until half.
Orlando scored the final four points of the second to cut the gap to 53-38 at the break, but the Pacers continued to roll in the second half, starting the third quarter on a 10-3 spurt. George recorded the final four points of the burst to make it 63-41.
George made three straight 3-pointers during the middle stages of the frame to extend Indiana's margin to 76-50.
The Pacers took an 88-63 lead into the fourth and cruised to victory from there.
"They just played harder than us today," Magic forward Tobias Harris said.
The Magic defeated Indiana in the previous matchup this season, a 97-86 victory in Orlando on Jan. 16. The Magic had won three straight in this series ... Orlando shot 39 percent from the field, went 5-of-15 from beyond the arc and turned the ball over 21 times, leading to 30 Indiana points ... The Pacers played their second straight game without forward Danny Granger, who is expected to miss a week resting a sore left knee.
- INDIANA: 115
Mar 8 9:23 PM
- INDIANA: 88
End of 3rd
Mar 8 8:55 PM
- INDIANA: 53
Mar 8 8:12 PM
- INDIANA: 22
End of 1st
Mar 8 7:38 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 11:41
Mar 8 7:11 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Thursday's Sports in Brief May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Scott Skiles resigns as coach of Magic after just 1 season May 12
- BC-AP Sports Preview Digest May 12
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5