Wall, Wizards stay hot at home with win over PacersApr 7, 2013 - 3:31 AM
Wall added two steals, two blocks and five assists for the Wizards, who have won three of four and haven't lost at home since a 96-88 setback versus New York on March 1.
"You don't want to lose on a night like this," Wall said.
Kevin Seraphin chipped in 15 points and Martell Webster had 13 in the victory.
Roy Hibbert paced Indiana with 25 points to go along with 10 rebounds. Gerald Green scored 13 points for the Pacers, who have dropped two straight following a five-game winning streak.
Indiana came into the contest having won nine consecutive games in the series with the Wizards, but the Pacers shot just 40.7 percent (35-of-86) overall and went a mere 3-of-20 from behind the arc.
Washington held a 51-48 edge at halftime and added to it by opening up the second half on a 12-0 spurt. Wall capped off the run with a 3-point play.
The Pacers answered with a 12-4 swing to make it a seven-point contest with 4:09 left in the stanza, but the Wizards brought their advantage back to double-digits to head into the fourth up 77-66.
The home team's momentum never faded in the final period, and the Wizards' lead quickly swelled to 20 points with 7 1/2 minutes remaining. As the contest winded down, the victory was never in doubt as Washington eased from there.
"He was too much for us to handle tonight," Vogel said of Wall.
Wall followed up a 15-point first quarter with 11 more in the second, though the rest of his teammates totaled just nine points in that period. Still, Washington held a 51-48 edge at the break.
Hibbert scored 14 points after one quarter of play, though Washington led by a 31-26 margin.
The Wizards are 18-4 at the Verizon Center this season with Wall in the lineup ... Washington hadn't won nine straight at home since a 10-game spurt from Dec. 13, 2006 to Jan. 20, 2007 ... The Pacers were outscored by a 28-9 margin in fast break points ... Indiana starters Paul George and Lance Stephenson scored just two points apiece in the setback.
- INDIANA: 85
Apr 6 9:28 PM
- INDIANA: 66
End of 3rd
Apr 6 8:57 PM
- INDIANA: 48
Apr 6 8:10 PM
- INDIANA: 26
End of 1st
Apr 6 7:34 PM
- INDIANA: 0
1st Quarter - 11:32
Apr 6 7:14 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Nate McMillan takes over as head coach of the Indiana Pacers May 16
- Indiana Pacers promote assistant Nate McMillan to be team's head coach May 16
- Pacers seeking new voice after parting ways with Frank Vogel May 5
- Wizards All-Star guard John Wall undergoes knee surgery May 5
- Indiana Pacers not renewing contract of coach Frank Vogel May 5
- George's return has Pacers dreaming of brighter future May 2
- Raptors reach second round for first time 15 years May 2