Bulls take out struggling LakersJan 22, 2013 - 6:59 AM
Marco Belinelli scored 15 points, including two key 3-pointers during a late 18-4 run that put the game away. Jimmy Butler, starting for the second straight game in place of the injured Luol Deng, recorded 10 points and eight rebounds for the Bulls, who have won four of their last five.
Carlos Boozer (14 points), Richard Hamilton (13) and Nate Robinson (11) rounded out Chicago's leading scorers.
"Everyone played well. Everyone was part of this win," Butler said.
Steve Nash paced Los Angeles with 18 points and six assists, while Kobe Bryant was held to 16 points to end a string of 24 straight games of 20-plus points.
The Lakers have dropped three in a row overall and six straight on the road for the first time since the 2004-05 season.
"It's very, very tough and very, very frustrating," Bryant said. "It's embarrassing. Tonight was embarrassing.
After playing three straight overtime games, the Bulls made sure to end things in regulation on Monday. They scored eight straight points to break a 75-75 tie, and a pair of Belinelli 3-pointers around an Earl Clark layup gave Chicago an 89-79 cushion with 2:27 to play.
After Bryant missed a fadeaway, Hinrich and Boozer continued the barrage and sealed the win with back-to-back jumpers.
Chicago never trailed in the first half and led by as many as 11 after Robinson hit consecutive 3-pointers for a 35-24 lead early in the second quarter.
It was 47-40 at halftime, and the Bulls continued to play front-runner until Bryant split a pair of defenders for a layup to give the Lakers their first -- and only -- lead in the final minute of the third quarter. Butler made two free throws to tie things, 69-69, heading to the fourth.
The Bulls have won three straight against the Lakers after losing the previous seven meetings ... Pau Gasol came off the Lakers' bench and totaled 15 points and 12 boards ... Los Angeles committed 16 turnovers to Chicago's eight.
- LOS ANGELES: 83
Jan 22 12:04 AM
- LOS ANGELES: 69
End of 3rd
Jan 21 11:31 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 40
Jan 21 10:42 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 20
End of 1st
Jan 21 10:09 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 0
1st Quarter - 11:40
Jan 21 9:46 PM
- NBA's 6-city tour lets US catch up in 3-on-3 basketball May 21
- Entering Hollywood, Kobe Bryant gets advice from Spielberg May 20
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Jim McMillian, forward on '72 Lakers title team, dead at 68 May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- LeBron says Curry deserves MVP, debates meaning of award May 11
- Stephen Curry is first unanimous NBA MVP, takes honor again May 10
- Kobe Bryant's animated short gets assist from John Williams May 5
- Former Lakers coach Byron Scott 'shocked' over firing May 5
- Raptors reach second round for first time 15 years May 2