Lawson helps Nuggets beat LakersFeb 26, 2013 - 6:10 AM Denver Nuggets' 119-108 win over the Los Angeles Lakers.
Wilson Chandler, filling in for an injured Danilo Gallinari, who is dealing with a thigh bruise, netted 23 points to lead Denver, which has won three of its last four contests.
Kobe Bryant posted 29 points, nine assists and six boards for the Lakers, who had their three-game winning streak snapped.
Dwight Howard tallied 15 points and 14 rebounds, but went just 3-of-14 from the foul line in defeat.
"We came in and played a team that plays extremely well at home. They obviously have advantages on us in terms of their athleticism and speed and they took advantage of it tonight," said an unconcerned Bryant.
The Nuggets pulled away in the first half and remained in control throughout the final 24 minutes.
Back-to-back 3-pointers by Antawn Jamison and Jodie Meeks gave the Lakers a 25-21 advantage late in the first before the Nuggets closed the frame on a 14-4 run to take a 35-29 edge into the second.
Kenneth Faried had five points during a 7-0 Denver spurt in the second as the hosts opened up a 52-37 cushion before heading into the locker room with a 67-54 spread.
The Nuggets led 95-83 after three and the Lakers never got within less than seven in the fourth.
"We all came out ready to play," Faried said. "We battled against everything that was thrown at us...and we were able to come out with a win."
Both teams shot over 55 percent from the floor ... The Nuggets held a 78-50 points in the paint edge ... Denver turned the ball over just 10 times, while Los Angeles gave the ball away 15 times.
- LOS ANGELES: 108
Feb 25 11:24 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 83
End of 3rd
Feb 25 10:53 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 54
Feb 25 10:10 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 29
End of 1st
Feb 25 9:36 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 2
1st Quarter - 11:37
Feb 25 9:10 PM
- NBA's 6-city tour lets US catch up in 3-on-3 basketball May 21
- Entering Hollywood, Kobe Bryant gets advice from Spielberg May 20
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Jim McMillian, forward on '72 Lakers title team, dead at 68 May 16
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- LeBron says Curry deserves MVP, debates meaning of award May 11
- Stephen Curry is first unanimous NBA MVP, takes honor again May 10
- Kobe Bryant's animated short gets assist from John Williams May 5