Scola and Suns take down LakersMar 19, 2013 - 4:43 AM Phoenix Suns took care of the Kobe Bryant-less Los Angeles Lakers, 99-76, at US Airways Center.
Wesley Johnson added 14 points and nine rebounds, while Goran Dragic had 12 points and 10 assists for Phoenix, which snapped a four-game slide by winning the final stanza by a 28-10 margin.
Jared Dudley chipped in 13 points for a Suns bench that outscored Los Angeles' reserves, 52-17.
The Lakers were without Bryant (ankle) for both games of a back-to-back and were unable to find much offense, as they made just 33 percent of their shots in their lowest scoring output of the season.
Steve Nash scored a team-high 19 points for Los Angeles, while Dwight Howard totaled 16 points and 11 boards in the setback, just the club's fourth in 15 games since the All-Star break.
Trailing 25-21 entering the second, the Suns went to their bench, which scored 22 of the team's 26 points in the frame.
The effort helped Phoenix enter the locker room with a 47-44 lead, and a Dragic-led 11-2 run in the third gave the Suns a 69-58 cushion. Dragic scored two points and had three assists during the run, including a perfect skip pass to Dudley that went through Nash's legs.
Antawn Jamison, one day after netting 27 points in a win over the Kings, scored his only points on a 3-pointer in the final minute of the third to pull Los Angeles within 71-66.
Phoenix scored the first five points of the fourth and pulled away for good midway through the frame with a 9-0 spurt that made it an 87-70 game.
Scola put the finishing touches on the rout with a rare 3-pointer to beat the shot clock. It was his third triple in 30 career tries from long range.
The home team has won nine straight in this series ... The Lakers have lost four straight in Phoenix ... The Suns had 11 more second-chance and fastbreak points ... Howard shot 6-of-18 from the field, while Nash was 6-of-17.
- LOS ANGELES: 76
Mar 19 12:16 AM
- LOS ANGELES: 66
End of 3rd
Mar 18 11:46 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 44
Mar 18 11:04 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 25
End of 1st
Mar 18 10:33 PM
- LOS ANGELES: 2
1st Quarter - 11:45
Mar 18 10:11 PM
- NBA's 6-city tour lets US catch up in 3-on-3 basketball May 21
- Entering Hollywood, Kobe Bryant gets advice from Spielberg May 20
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- 76ers win NBA draft lottery, Lakers stay at No. 2, keep pick May 17
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Jim McMillian, forward on '72 Lakers title team, dead at 68 May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- LeBron says Curry deserves MVP, debates meaning of award May 11
- Stephen Curry is first unanimous NBA MVP, takes honor again May 10
- Kobe Bryant's animated short gets assist from John Williams May 5