Shved, Wolves top BucksDec 1, 2012 - 4:12 AM Minneapolis, MN (Sports Network) - Alexey Shved had 16 points and five assists and Kevin Love posted a double-double with 15 points and 14 rebounds to lead the Minnesota Timberwolves past the Milwaukee Bucks, 95-85, on Friday.
Luke Ridnour netted 16 points and Nikola Pekovic had 14 points and 16 rebounds for the Timberwolves, winners in two of their last three.
"We were very balanced all the way through," said Love. "We had some opportunities to take advantage of some of their downfalls in the second half. We did a decent job of taking control and some guys stepped up and hit big shots."
J.J. Barea added 15 points and five assists in the win.
Larry Sanders posted his first career triple-double with 10 points, 12 rebounds and 10 blocked shots for the Bucks, losers in five of their last six.
"We had issues on the defensive end," said Bucks head coach Scott Skiles. "We fell behind, bounced back again but didn't have enough."
Monta Ellis and Brandon Jennings each scored 18 in the setback.
Minnesota led by just one, 70-69, early in the fourth before an 11-0 burst gave the Wolves an 81-69 lead.
Jennings' 3-ball pulled the Bucks within 89-81 with 1:39 left, but Shved delivered a dagger, drilling a 29-foot trey as the shot clock expired to put Minnesota ahead 92-81, and the Wolves cruised to the win.
Milwaukee took a 30-29 lead after the first quarter, but Minnesota outscored the Bucks 28-17 in the second to take a 57-47 lead at the half.
Milwaukee shot just 26.1 percent in the third, but held the Wolves to 19 percent (4-for-21) efficiency in the frame.
The Wolves were 8-for-19 from 3-point range ... Sanders tied a franchise records for blocks. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar had 10 blocks against the Detroit Pistons on Nov. 3, 1973.
- MILWAUKEE: 85
Nov 30 10:21 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 63
End of 3rd
Nov 30 9:44 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 47
Nov 30 9:04 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 30
End of 1st
Nov 30 8:34 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 2
1st Quarter - 11:44
Nov 30 8:11 PM
- Timberwolves will not retain Newton, Kander May 20
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- T-wolves will send Towns with Flip's ring for lottery luck May 16
- Weekend Sports in Brief May 16
- AP Source: Karl-Anthony Towns is NBA Rookie of the Year May 15
- Zach LaVine wins NBA Cares Community Assist award for April May 9
- Thibodeau's role w/Wolves: 'It's about alignment, not power' Apr 26
- Blazers' McCollum wins NBA's Most Improved Player Apr 22
- Minnesota Timberwolves hire Tom Thibodeau as coach and president, Scott Layden as GM Apr 20