Hot Spurs topple BucksDec 6, 2012 - 7:21 AM San Antonio, TX (Sports Network) - Gary Neal and Tony Parker each scored 22 points to lead the San Antonio Spurs to a 110-99 win over the Milwaukee Bucks.
Parker also had 10 assists, while Tim Duncan recorded 17 points and 10 boards. Tiago Splitter had 15 points off the bench for the Spurs, who have won eight of their last nine.
"They were really active defensively. They all rebounded. Matty Bonner was awesome on the boards and on the other end, the ball moved," said Spurs coach Gregg Popovich. "Nobody held it, so that group really did a good job at both ends and got the win for us."
Monta Ellis had 21 points and 11 assists and Ersan Ilyasova dropped in 17 points for the Bucks, losers in four of their last five.
Milwaukee led 32-29 after the first quarter. Ilyasova had 11 of his 17 in the frame and the team shot 61.9 from the floor while holding San Antonio to just 33.3 percent efficiency.
San Antonio used a 24-7 run over the first 6 1/2 minutes of the fourth to go up 100-83. The Bucks would cut it to nine following Ellis' 27-foot trey with 1:14 left, but couldn't get it closer.
"They just went on a run and we couldn't get back into the game," said Bucks head coach Scott Skiles.
The Bucks pushed their lead to 58-52 at halftime after outscoring the Spurs 26-23 in the second period. Ilyasova continued his strong first half with six points and Marquis Daniels had five points in the quarter. Duncan poured in 10 for San Antonio in the second.
The Spurs tied the game at 76 after three quarters of play. San Antonio held the Bucks to just 25 percent shooting. The Spurs were 8-for-17 from the floor and connected on 4-of-8 from beyond the arc.
Spurs forward Matt Bonner had a season-high 12 rebounds ... San Antonio guard Manu Ginobili had 11 points and six assists ... The Spurs have won five of their last six against the Bucks ... Daniels had 12 points and Luc Mbah a Moute scored 10 for the Bucks ... Milwaukee guard Brandon Jennings was held to 14 points after going 5-for-15 from the floor.
- MILWAUKEE: 99
SAN ANTONIO: 110
Dec 5 10:49 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 76
SAN ANTONIO: 76
End of 3rd
Dec 5 10:16 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 58
SAN ANTONIO: 52
Dec 5 9:37 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 32
SAN ANTONIO: 29
End of 1st
Dec 5 9:06 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 0
SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 11:44
Dec 5 8:41 PM
- Spurs-Thunder Preview May 23
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Durant, Thunder beat Spurs and return to conference finals May 13
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13
- Thunder beat Spurs, advance to Western Conference finals May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 12