Gallinari, Lawson lead Nuggets past BucksFeb 6, 2013 - 6:43 AM Denver Nuggets to a 112-104 win over the Milwaukee Bucks on Tuesday.
Gallinari was 7-of-14, including 3-of-6 from three-point range, and Lawson added seven assists and two steals for the Nuggets, who have won seven straight games. Corey Brewer scored 20 points off the bench.
"There's no way I thought this was going to be an easy win this stretch," said Nuggets head coach George Karl. "Our defense made it somewhat of an easy fourth quarter win."
Samuel Dalembert scored a career-high 35 points on 17-of-21 shooting and had 12 rebounds for the Bucks, who have lost three of their last four games. Four of Milwaukee's starters -- Larry Sanders, Monta Ellis, Brandon Jennings and Luc Mbah a Moute -- recorded 12 points.
"It's one of those nights you know, you try to make the best of what you get out there," said Dalembert.
Milwaukee led nearly the entire game before giving up the lead with minutes to spare in the fourth quarter.
Going into the fourth, Milwaukee was leading 86-79. In the opening seconds, Dalembert's dunk extended the Bucks' lead, 88-79.
However, the Nuggets answered back with a 23-12 run to take the lead with 3:05 remaining. Brewer's dunk tied the game at 100-100 and Lawson's two free throws gave Denver a 102-100 edge.
After a free throw by Jennings, Lawson's layup followed by an Andre Iguodala dunk gave Denver a 108-103 advantage.
Jennings scored the final point with 1:19 remaining to cut the deficit 108-104, but the Bucks missed their final three shots while the Nuggets extended their lead to give them the win.
After the first quarter, the Bucks led by two, 29-27. However, in the second, they scored 37 points on 68 percent shooting, and prevented the Nuggets from scoring behind the arc.
At one point late in the quarter, Milwaukee led by as many as 17, 64-47, and entered halftime with a 66-51 margin.
Dalembert scored 21 points in the first half ... Denver has won six straight games against Milwaukee and is 6-0 against Central Division teams.
- MILWAUKEE: 104
Feb 5 11:26 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 86
End of 3rd
Feb 5 10:46 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 66
Feb 5 10:04 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 29
End of 1st
Feb 5 9:33 PM
- MILWAUKEE: 2
1st Quarter - 11:42
Feb 5 9:11 PM
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Blazers' McCollum wins NBA's Most Improved Player Apr 22
- Nuggets miss postseason for a 3rd straight year Apr 14
- Bucks step back on court, but future secure with new arena Apr 14
- 76ers counting on free agents, draft picks for better future Apr 14
- Playoff destination sealed, Blazers beat Nuggets 107-99 Apr 14
- Police: Woman hurt trying to slide down rail at Bucks game Apr 14
- NBA Capsules Apr 14
- Solomon Hill scores 25, Pacers beat Bucks 97-92 Apr 13
- Milwaukee Bucks sign 30-year lease with arena owner Apr 13