Jennings helps Bucks best WarriorsMar 10, 2013 - 7:28 AM
Ex-Warrior Monta Ellis added 26 points and J.J. Redick scored 15 for the Bucks, who have won five of their last six games.
"The effort was there on both ends. Guys were really active defensively, chasing down loose balls. Offensively, I thought our execution was good," Bucks coach Jim Boylan said.
The Warriors, losers of back-to-back contests, were without David Lee (knee). Carl Landry had 18 points and 10 rebounds. Klay Thompson also scored 18 and Stephen Curry finished with 16 points and 10 assists.
"When it gets to a point from closing out games, stakes are going to be raised. We have to be able to handle it and right now we're not," Warriors coach Mark Jackson said. "We have to take care of the basketball. Right now, it hurts us."
Jennings went 6-of-11 from 3-point range, part of a 13-of-28 effort by the Bucks, who continue to hold the eighth spot in the Eastern Conference playoff race.
The Warriors, who are sixth in the West, had 17 turnovers. That turned into 23 Milwaukee points.
Jennings and Redick each had eight points in the final quarter, one that saw the Bucks holding a tenuous 88-87 lead after Landry hit a turnaround jumper with 4:08 left.
The Bucks scored the ensuing eight points. Larry Sanders hit a short jumper and following a Golden State turnover, Redick nailed a 3-pointer. An offensive foul on Andrew Bogut led to another Redick 3-ball and a 96-87 difference with 2:47 left, and the Warriors couldn't get closer than six points down the stretch.
The hosts held a 28-24 lead after one quarter, but that was down to 48-47 at the half. Milwaukee took control in the third quarter, highlighted by an Ellis bank shot 3-pointer late in the stanza. Milwaukee held a 77-70 edge going to the fourth.
Jennings has 10 or more assists in each of his last four games ... Milwaukee has won three straight meetings ... Ellis and Jennings combined to shoot 20- of-35 from the field.
- MILWAUKEE: 103
GOLDEN STATE: 93
Mar 10 1:57 AM
- MILWAUKEE: 77
GOLDEN STATE: 70
End of 3rd
Mar 10 1:19 AM
- MILWAUKEE: 47
GOLDEN STATE: 48
Mar 10 12:40 AM
- MILWAUKEE: 24
GOLDEN STATE: 28
End of 1st
Mar 10 12:06 AM
- MILWAUKEE: 0
GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:42
Mar 9 11:42 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19