Ellis' near triple-double leads Bucks past PortlandMar 20, 2013 - 4:59 AM
Brandon Jennings had a team-high 24 points along with seven assists for the Bucks, who have won two in a row since a three-game slide.
Samuel Dalembert added 16 points and seven rebounds, while J.J. Redick scored 14 points off the bench and Larry Sanders recorded eight points and 13 rebounds in the victory.
Wesley Matthews had a game-high 28 points on 10-of-20 shooting for the Trail Blazers, who lost their second straight game. LaMarcus Aldridge had 21 points and 15 rebounds and Nicolas Batum tallied 15 points.
"We didn't play well," Blazers head coach Terry Stotts said. "It wasn't good basketball."
Entering the second quarter, the Bucks had a 27-23 edge. However, Milwaukee began the period on a 16-0 run to take a 20-point lead with 6:40 remaining. J.J. Hickson finally stopped the bleeding with a pair of free throws with 6:03 to go, but Portland found it difficult to come back.
Portland mustered just eight points on 10 percent shooting in the quarter.
The Bucks finished the first half on an 11-2 spurt, capped by a 3-pointer by Jennings, and they would lead 58-31 at halftime.
Portland improved in the third, outscoring the Bucks by a 26-19 count and shooting 45.5 percent from the field. Aldridge scored 10 points in the frame.
However, Portland was still down 77-57 entering the fourth quarter.
Aldridge scored another 11 points in the final period, and the Blazers scored 38 on 70 percent shooting. They got within seven at 100-93, with 1:32 left, but it was too little and too late.
"I liked our focus in the first half. I thought we slipped a little bit in the second half, but I feel like there's something for us to build on," Bucks head coach Jim Boylan said.
Matthews connected on a career-high seven 3-pointers ... Dalembert scored 10 points in the first quarter ... Portland failed to score a fastbreak point ... Milwaukee swept Portland in the season series for the second straight season ... Portland is 13-14 against Eastern Conference teams.
- PORTLAND: 95
Mar 19 10:11 PM
- PORTLAND: 57
End of 3rd
Mar 19 9:41 PM
- PORTLAND: 31
Mar 19 9:02 PM
- PORTLAND: 23
End of 1st
Mar 19 8:33 PM
- PORTLAND: 0
1st Quarter - 11:40
Mar 19 8:14 PM
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19
- Bucks say IRS, FBI investigating email scam targeting team May 19
- Blazers coach Terry Stotts agrees to 3-year extension May 16
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- Damian Lillard and Trail Blazers look to bright future May 12
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- MVP Curry and his Warriors teammates move closer to goal May 12
- Splash Brothers Curry, Thompson send Warriors to West finals May 12
- Trail Blazers-Warriors Preview May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 10