Aldridge pushes Blazers past PistonsMar 17, 2013 - 6:12 AM Portland, OR (Sports Network) - LaMarcus Aldridge posted 13 of his 31 points in the final quarter and had 12 rebounds to pace the Portland Trail Blazers to a 112-101 win over the Detroit Pistons.
J.J. Hickson added 18 points and 15 rebounds for the Blazers, who have won back-to-back contests. Wesley Matthews and Nicolas Batum each scored 17 and Damian Lillard ended with 14 points and seven assists.
Rodney Stuckey had 32 points for the Pistons, but suffered a cut above his right eye after bumping heads with Lillard. Will Bynum chipped in 23 points, but the Pistons suffered their eighth straight loss.
Detroit held a 30-24 lead after the first quarter and was up as many as 11 in the second at 52-41 following a Jason Maxiell's layup with 3:28 left. Portland closed the gap to 57-52 at the half.
It was tight throughout the third quarter, and Aldridge sank a bank shot for a 77-75 Portland edge in the final minute. That was the score going to the fourth.
"We've been getting out to slow starts all year," Hickson admitted. "We picked it up in the third quarter."
Batum's 3-pointer capped a 7-0 push early in the fourth for a 90-81 difference.
After falling behind by 12 later in the quarter, the Pistons got within 99-97 on Bynum's jumper with under three minutes remaining.
Batum responded by draining a 3-point shot to start a game-sealing 10-2 spurt. Aldridge finished the burst with a 3-point play with 1:11 to go.
"We just have to come out and get more stops defensively because that's what hurt us tonight," Stuckey said.
Detroit has lost five straight at Portland ... Greg Monroe had 14 points, nine rebounds and six assists for Detroit, which shot 52.6 percent from the field ... Portland missed just one of its 24 foul shots and held a 45-33 edge on the glass.
- DETROIT: 101
Mar 17 12:30 AM
- DETROIT: 75
End of 3rd
Mar 16 11:50 PM
- DETROIT: 57
Mar 16 11:09 PM
- DETROIT: 30
End of 1st
Mar 16 10:35 PM
- DETROIT: 0
1st Quarter - 11:43
Mar 16 10:13 PM
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- Blazers coach Terry Stotts agrees to 3-year extension May 16
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Clarification: Stars fuel hope for mid-major prospects May 13
- Damian Lillard and Trail Blazers look to bright future May 12
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- MVP Curry and his Warriors teammates move closer to goal May 12
- Splash Brothers Curry, Thompson send Warriors to West finals May 12
- Trail Blazers-Warriors Preview May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 11
- Warriors look to clinch, Heat-Raptors face pivotal Game 5 May 10