Gallinari, Nuggets outlast SpursDec 19, 2012 - 7:40 AM Denver, CO (Sports Network) - Danilo Gallinari tallied 28 points and nine rebounds in the Denver Nuggets' 112-106 win over the San Antonio Spurs.
Kenneth Faried added 19 points and 11 boards, while Kosta Koufos pulled down 14 rebounds for the Nuggets, who have won three in a row and improved to 7-1 at the Pepsi Center this season.
"It was good to see that we could keep our composure and close the game out like we did," Nuggets guard Andre Iguodala said.
Tim Duncan recorded 31 points, 18 rebounds and six assists for San Antonio, which has dropped four of its last five contests.
The Spurs trailed by 15 heading into the fourth quarter, but cut the deficit to 103-100 with 4 1/2 minutes left following a 17-3 Spurs run. Duncan had six points during the stretch.
Denver, though, countered with a 7-2 spurt.
After Iguodala put down Ty Lawson's miss from beyond the arc, Duncan dunked one home at the other end. But then Gallinari hit a triple and Andre Miller's jump shot made it 110-102 with 2:37 left.
A bit later, Manu Ginobili's jumper trimmed the margin to 110-106, and Lawson turned the ball over with 32 ticks left. But Patty Mills, Danny Green and Ginobili all missed treys and Miller sunk two free throws at the other end to seal the outcome.
"We didn't give up," Duncan said. "We were attacking but just didn't make enough plays."
The Spurs led, 28-26, after a quarter of play, but Denver outscored the visitors, 29-20, in the second and took a 55-48 edge into the break.
The Nuggets had a 90-75 margin heading into the final frame.
Iguodala filled the stat sheet with 14 points, nine rebounds and six assists ... San Antonio turned the ball over 15 times, which led to 20 Denver points ... Ginobili had 16 points, six rebounds and six assists.
- SAN ANTONIO: 106
Dec 18 11:24 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 75
End of 3rd
Dec 18 10:51 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 48
Dec 18 10:04 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 28
End of 1st
Dec 18 9:32 PM
- SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 11:37
Dec 18 9:11 PM
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Durant, Thunder beat Spurs and return to conference finals May 13
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13
- Thunder beat Spurs, advance to Western Conference finals May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 12