Spurs lose Parker in rout of KingsMar 2, 2013 - 5:07 AM Sacramento Kings.
DeJuan Blair had 16 points, while Danny Green scored 15. Manu Ginobili had nine points and a career-high 15 assists, as the Spurs bounced back from a 105-101 overtime loss at home against Phoenix on Wednesday. That defeat snapped an 18-game home winning streak.
Tiago Splitter ended with 14 points and 11 rebounds, while Tim Duncan contributed 13 points and 10 boards.
Parker drove the lane for a layup with under five minutes left in the period, but he landed awkwardly as the ankle buckled upon hitting the floor. Parker was helped off the court.
Prior to leaving, Parker also had seven assists. He sat out a game at Phoenix on Sunday due to a right triceps contusion.
After the contest, Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said Parker would be out for a while.
Marcus Thornton scored 25 and Isaiah Thomas had 18 points for the Kings, who lost for the 17th time in the last 18 meetings with the Spurs. Tyreke Evans scored 10, but the Kings fell for the seventh time in their last eight games.
The Kings, who never led, were down 18-6 early following a jumper from Splitter midway through the opening quarter. The difference swelled to 19 in the period and was 34-21 going to the second.
The Spurs held a 63-49 advantage at the half and the margin reached 30 in the final minute of the third quarter and 36 in the fourth.
The Spurs were without guard Gary Neal (tight left calf) and forwards Stephen Jackson (sprained right ankle) and Boris Diaw (lower back strain) ... Kawhi Leonard scored 14 for the Spurs, while Matt Bonner had 13 and Patty Mills 12 ... San Antonio shot 60.7 percent from the field.
- SACRAMENTO: 102
SAN ANTONIO: 130
Mar 1 10:44 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 69
SAN ANTONIO: 97
End of 3rd
Mar 1 10:18 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 49
SAN ANTONIO: 63
Mar 1 9:35 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 21
SAN ANTONIO: 34
End of 1st
Mar 1 9:04 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 0
SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 11:35
Mar 1 8:41 PM
- Spurs-Thunder Preview May 23
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Durant, Thunder beat Spurs and return to conference finals May 13
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13
- Thunder beat Spurs, advance to Western Conference finals May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 12