Spurs don't miss a beat without Parker, rout PistonsMar 4, 2013 - 4:43 AM
Tim Duncan filled the stat sheet with 16 points, 11 rebounds, six assists and five blocks to help supplement the loss of Parker, who is expected to miss a month with a sprained ankle.
"This is the first night he looked like Tim Duncan to me in the last two-three weeks," Spurs head coach Gregg Popovich said of his All-Star forward.
Manu Ginobili scored all 17 of his points in the first half, while Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard added 16 and 14 points, respectively, in San Antonio's second straight blowout victory.
Detroit failed to amass 20 points in the first, third or fourth quarters. The Pistons committed 19 turnovers for the contest in the team's fifth loss in six games.
Greg Monroe totaled 16 points and eight boards, Charlie Villanueva had 10 points and 10 rebounds and Jose Calderon scored 14 in the setback.
Ginobili got going early by scoring 11 points in the first, with his incredible four-point play at the end of the quarter giving the Spurs a 32-19 lead.
Detroit trailed by double-digits from there, with San Antonio building a 20- point cushion at 60-40 by halftime. Ginobili was 6-for-6 from the field -- including a trio of 3-pointers -- through the first two periods.
The Spurs continued to expand their advantage in the third, using a 13-3 push to make it 73-43 on Green's triple. Duncan poured in three buckets over the final five minutes of the session to help bring San Antonio's edge to an overwhelming 89-56 heading into the fourth quarter.
Detroit was just 6-for-23 from the field in the third and it never came closer than 28 points in the final frame.
"We got handed our butts pretty good tonight," Pistons head coach Lawrence Frank said.
The Spurs improved to 24-3 at home this season ... Duncan passed Buck Williams to move into 13th place on the NBA's all-time rebounding list. He has amassed 13,027 over the course of his 16-year career ... San Antonio outscored Detroit in the paint 58-36 ... The Spurs scored 26 points off the Pistons' 19 turnovers.
- DETROIT: 75
SAN ANTONIO: 114
Mar 3 9:16 PM
- DETROIT: 56
SAN ANTONIO: 89
End of 3rd
Mar 3 8:47 PM
- DETROIT: 40
SAN ANTONIO: 60
Mar 3 8:05 PM
- DETROIT: 19
SAN ANTONIO: 32
End of 1st
Mar 3 7:38 PM
- DETROIT: 0
SAN ANTONIO: 0
1st Quarter - 11:47
Mar 3 7:13 PM
- Spurs-Thunder Preview May 23
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- 24 teams set for NBA Summer League in Las Vegas in July May 18
- Point man: Irving shines in Cavs' demolition of Raptors May 18
- Cavs 9-0 in these playoffs, and joining rarefied NBA air May 18
- Defending champion Warriors expect tough task from Thunder May 16
- Capsule preview of the Warriors-Thunder West finals May 15
- Durant, Thunder beat Spurs and return to conference finals May 13
- Spurs unsure if Duncan or Ginobili will return May 13
- Thunder beat Spurs, advance to Western Conference finals May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Spurs' Duncan competing with Thunder, Father Time May 12