Evans and Kings take down JazzNov 25, 2012 - 6:04 AM Sacramento, CA (Sports Network) - Tyreke Evans scored 27 points and the Sacramento Kings beat the Utah Jazz, 108-97, on Saturday night.
Jason Thompson added 16 points and nine rebounds for the Kings, who bounced back from a 104-102 loss to these Jazz in Utah on Friday. DeMarcus Cousins tallied 14 points and nine boards.
Randy Foye had 17 points to pace the Jazz, who fell to 2-7 on the road this season. Al Jefferson and Jamaal Tinsley ended with 14 points apiece.
Each team led by as many as eight in the first quarter, which ended with the Jazz holding a 29-23 lead.
Utah led throughout the second stanza and took a 56-51 lead into the locker room.
The Kings went on a 9-0 run early in the third period to take a 60-59 edge. Sacramento then put together an 11-1 spurt later in the frame, with John Salmons' 3-pointer giving the home team an 80-73 margin with 1:03 left.
The Kings, who took an 83-75 lead into the fourth, used a 7-0 flurry midway through the final quarter to create some distance. Thomas Robinson tallied six points during the spurt that Chuck Hayes capped with a free throw for a 95-84 edge with 4:02 remaining.
Utah never got closer than eight the rest of the way.
The Kings shot 54.1 percent from the field and went 22-of-32 from the foul line ... Utah turned the ball over 18 times, leading to 28 Sacramento points.
- UTAH: 97
Nov 25 12:26 AM
- UTAH: 75
End of 3rd
Nov 24 11:44 PM
- UTAH: 56
Nov 24 11:06 PM
- UTAH: 29
End of 1st
Nov 24 10:35 PM
- UTAH: 0
1st Quarter - 11:59
Nov 24 10:11 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Russia bans 24 basketball players in gambling case May 13
- New Jazz uniforms include sleeved alternate jersey May 12
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Utah Jazz extend contract of coach Quin Snyder May 6
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28
- Tuesday's Sports in Brief Apr 20
- AP Sources: Kings to interview Del Negro, Jackson, Mitchell Apr 20
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- Kings fire coach George Karl after 1 full season Apr 14