T'Wolves win in Sacramento behind Love's 20-20 nightNov 28, 2012 - 8:08 AM Sacramento, CA (Sports Network) - Kevin Love scored a game-high 23 points and pulled down 24 rebounds to lead the Minnesota Timberwolves to a 97-89 win over the Sacramento Kings on Tuesday.
"It was one of the most complete games I've seen him play. He wasn't forcing anything. He passed the ball. He set screens. He did whatever we needed," Minnesota head coach Rick Adelman said.
Luke Ridnour had 18 points and five assists and Nikola Pekovic scored 16 to go along with eight boards and four assists for the Wolves, who snapped a five- game skid.
Andrei Kirilenko had 14 points, six rebounds and five assists and Malcolm Lee chipped in with 10 points in the victory.
DeMarcus Cousins and Tyreke Evans each scored 20 points and Marcus Thornton had 12 points off the bench for the Kings, who have alternated wins and losses the past four games following a five-game skid.
"Too many mental miscues down the stretch," Kings head coach Keith Smart said.
Minnesota lead 83-74 with eight minutes left following Love's slam, but the Kings chipped away and pulled within 91-89 with 1:20 left. Sacramento, however, couldn't get a basket the rest of the way as the Wolves outscored the Kings 6-0 over the final 80 seconds.
Minnesota took a 27-26 lead after the first quarter after shooting 63.2 percent (12-for-19) from the field. Kirilenko, Pekovic and Ridnour each netted six in the frame and Love chipped in with five over the first 12 minutes.
The Wolves led 48-45 at the break, despite shooting 8-for-21 from the floor, and were able to push their cushion to 75-67 after three. Love dropped in nine points in the third and grabbed 10 boards while Ridnour chipped in with eight points on 4-of-6 shooting.
Love's 24 rebounds were a season high. His career high is 31 ... The Wolves out-rebounded the Kings 51-36 ... The Kings forced 17 turnovers.
- MINNESOTA: 97
Nov 28 12:15 AM
- MINNESOTA: 75
End of 3rd
Nov 27 11:43 PM
- MINNESOTA: 48
Nov 27 11:00 PM
- MINNESOTA: 27
End of 1st
Nov 27 10:33 PM
- MINNESOTA: 0
1st Quarter - 11:39
Nov 27 10:12 PM
- Timberwolves will not retain Newton, Kander May 20
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- After lots of losing, 76ers hope to win big in NBA lottery May 17
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- T-wolves will send Towns with Flip's ring for lottery luck May 16
- Weekend Sports in Brief May 16
- AP Source: Karl-Anthony Towns is NBA Rookie of the Year May 15
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Zach LaVine wins NBA Cares Community Assist award for April May 9
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28