Denver crushes KingsDec 17, 2012 - 5:06 AM Sacramento, CA (Sports Network) - JaVale McGee led six Denver players in double figures with 19 points as the Nuggets stomped the Sacramento Kings, 122-97, on Sunday.
Danilo Gallinari had 18 points and Jordan Hamilton added 15 for the Nuggets, winners in three of their last four.
Andre Iguodala had 11 points, eight rebounds and eight assists while Ty Lawson dropped in 11 points to go with seven assists. Kosta Koufus posted 12 points and seven rebounds in the win.
Isaiah Thomas finished with 20 points while DeMarcus Cousins and Jason Thompson each registered a double-double for the Kings, who have dropped four straight. Cousins had 19 points and 11 rebounds and Thompson finished with 16 points and 10 boards in the setback.
The teams traded blows over the first few minutes of the first quarter, but a 20-7 burst put Denver up 28-15 with 1:38 left in the frame. Sacramento, though, outscored the Nuggets 8-4 the rest of the way and trailed 32-23 after the first 12 minutes.
Denver opened the second quarter with a 10-2 run to go up 42-25 just three minutes into the stanza. Francisco Garcia's 3-pointer pulled the Kings within 45-32, but the Nuggets outscored Sacramento 19-14 over the final seven minutes of the first half and led 64-46 at the break.
The Nuggets led 97-67 after three quarters and cruised to the easy win despite being outscored 30-25 in the fourth.
Denver shot 54.1 percent from the floor and held the Kings to just 34.1 percent shooting.
"I think the energy was good, but the defense I think motivated us to play the right way the whole game," Nuggets coach George Karl said.
Denver outscored Sacramento 64-38 in points in the paint ... Thomas Robinson had 10 points for the Kings ... Sacramento guard Tyreke Evans left the game after the second quarter with a sore left knee.
- DENVER: 122
Dec 16 8:22 PM
- DENVER: 97
End of 3rd
Dec 16 7:52 PM
- DENVER: 64
Dec 16 7:07 PM
- DENVER: 32
End of 1st
Dec 16 6:37 PM
- DENVER: 0
1st Quarter - 11:44
Dec 16 6:12 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28
- Tuesday's Sports in Brief Apr 20
- AP Sources: Kings to interview Del Negro, Jackson, Mitchell Apr 20
- Nuggets miss postseason for a 3rd straight year Apr 14
- Kings fire coach George Karl after 1 full season Apr 14
- Playoff destination sealed, Blazers beat Nuggets 107-99 Apr 14
- NBA Capsules Apr 14