Suns take down KingsDec 18, 2012 - 5:17 AM Phoenix, AZ (Sports Network) - Shannon Brown scored 22 points and Jared Dudley added 20 as the Phoenix Suns downed the Sacramento Kings, 101-90, at US Airways Center.
Marcin Gortat had 14 points and 13 rebounds and Luis Scola had 14 points, 10 assists and six rebounds for the Suns, who have won three straight for the first time all season.
"We have to play hard for 48 minutes and we did not do that tonight. We played a great second half but we don't want to have that kind of start. On the flip side I thought we were really good in the second half," said Suns head coach Alvin Gentry. "Our defense was terrific, we did a great job of moving the basketball and we even passed on some open shots but all in all it's a win and we will take it. We just need wins anyway that we can get them."
Jimmer Fredette poured in a career-high 22 points and Aaron Brooks dropped in 12 for the Kings, losers in five straight.
"I thought this was a night to steal one on the road after a game last night. I thought they did everything the right way up until things started to go haywire in the second half," said Kings head coach Keith Smart.
Phoenix outscored Sacramento by a 31-14 margin in the third to erase an 11- point deficit. The Suns shot a blistering 61.9 percent (13-for-21) in the frame led by Brown, who tallied 14 of his 22 in the quarter. Brown's 3-pointer with 6:18 to go put Phoenix up for good.
Fredette converted a technical free throw with 4:40 left to pull Sacramento within 87-84 in the final period, but Phoenix used a 10-0 surge to take a 97-84 lead and cruised the rest of the way
Sacramento closed the first quarter on a 14-2 run to take a 22-16 lead after the first quarter.
Fredette dropped in 12 points in the second period and Sacramento cashed in on 12 second-chance points in the frame to take a to 54-43 lead into the break.
Scola set a career-high with 10 assists ... Phoenix had just eight turnovers, but forced 19 Sacramento turnovers ... The Kings are 1-10 on the road this season.
- SACRAMENTO: 90
Dec 17 11:24 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 68
End of 3rd
Dec 17 10:51 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 54
Dec 17 10:13 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 22
End of 1st
Dec 17 9:40 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 0
1st Quarter - 11:49
Dec 17 9:12 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- AP Source: Knicks working to hire Jeff Hornacek as coach May 18
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28
- Tuesday's Sports in Brief Apr 20
- AP Sources: Kings to interview Del Negro, Jackson, Mitchell Apr 20
- Suns remove 'interim' tag, retain Earl Watson as coach Apr 19
- Jazz disappointed to miss playoffs, but gain experience Apr 14
- After awful season, Suns may well retain Watson as coach Apr 14
- Kings fire coach George Karl after 1 full season Apr 14