Nuggets crush KingsJan 27, 2013 - 5:41 AM Denver Nuggets opened a six-game homestand with a dominating 121-93 victory over the Sacramento Kings.
Danilo Gallinari chipped in 14 points, while Kenneth Faried totaled 11 points and nine rebounds for the Nuggets, who shot 61 percent from the field through the first three quarters and had 101 points heading into the fourth.
Denver connected on a season-high 13 3-pointers and led by as many as 35 in winning their third straight game with relative ease.
The Kings, led by Aaron Brooks' 16 points, opened their six-game road trip with a fourth consecutive loss.
"We knew this was going to be a difficult game...to start this road trip," Kings head coach Keith Smart said.
Sacramento's first and only lead came at 8-7 early on, as the Nuggets scored the next 11 points and never looked back. Lawson wound up with 15 in the opening quarter, which saw Denver make on an eye-popping 74 percent (17-of-23) from the field en route to a 39-25 cushion.
"We tried to get out to a good start and play fast," Iguodala said.
The hosts rattled off another 32 points in the second quarter to go into the break holding a 71-49 advantage, and things got even more lopsided when Denver scored on its first four possessions of the second half to build a 30-point lead.
It was a 101-69 game heading into the fourth quarter, and the reserves did just enough to finish off Denver's largest victory of the season.
The Nuggets have won seven straight meetings and eight straight as the host ... JaVale McGee chipped in 12 points for the Nuggets, who scored 33 fastbreak points to Sacramento's 22 ... Iguodala had seven of Denver's 34 assists.
- SACRAMENTO: 93
Jan 26 11:18 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 69
End of 3rd
Jan 26 10:50 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 49
Jan 26 10:03 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 25
End of 1st
Jan 26 9:32 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 0
1st Quarter - 11:39
Jan 26 9:10 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Timberwolves' Towns is unanimous Rookie of the Year pick May 16
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28
- Tuesday's Sports in Brief Apr 20
- AP Sources: Kings to interview Del Negro, Jackson, Mitchell Apr 20
- Nuggets miss postseason for a 3rd straight year Apr 14
- Kings fire coach George Karl after 1 full season Apr 14
- Playoff destination sealed, Blazers beat Nuggets 107-99 Apr 14
- NBA Capsules Apr 14