Thomas helps Kings edge RocketsFeb 11, 2013 - 5:34 AM Sacramento, CA (Sports Network) - Isaiah Thomas had 23 points and six assists in the Sacramento Kings' 117-111 win over the Houston Rockets.
John Salmons tallied 23 points and six helpers, while DeMarcus Cousins added 20 points and seven rebounds for the Kings, who have won two straight on the heels of dropping eight of nine.
"I thought we had the right pace, right activity in the basketball game," Sacramento coach Keith Smart said. "I thought we did a good job overall."
James Harden netted 30 points to go with six rebounds and four assists for Houston, which has lost two of its last three contests.
"We didn't defend very well all night," Rockets head coach Kevin McHale said.
Patrick Beverley's driving layup gave the Rockets a 94-84 advantage early in the fourth before Sacramento countered with a 16-6 swing to tie the contest at 100-100 midway through the frame after Salmons hit a 3-pointer and Thomas converted a three-point play.
Harden's three-point play gave the Rockets a 105-103 edge with 3:37 left, but Sacramento countered with a 10-2 run to secure the victory.
Thomas sparked the surge with a 3-pointer at the other end before hitting a pair of foul shots. Harden then hit a jumper and after the teams exchanged empty possessions, Salmons was fouled on a triple on the Kings' ensuing trip down the floor and proceeded to sink all three shots.
Thomas made two foul shots to cap the surge and make it 113-107 with 25.1 ticks to go.
Sacramento took a 28-25 lead after a quarter of play and a 57-53 edge into the locker room.
Houston outscored the hosts 33-27 in the third and headed into the fourth with an 86-84 margin.
Omer Asik registered 17 points and 12 boards, while Patrick Patterson finished with 18 points and six rebounds for the Rockets ... Sacramento were 26-of-27 from the foul line.
- HOUSTON: 111
Feb 10 11:31 PM
- HOUSTON: 111
End of Regulation
Feb 10 11:31 PM
- HOUSTON: 86
End of 3rd
Feb 10 10:46 PM
- HOUSTON: 53
Feb 10 10:03 PM
- HOUSTON: 25
End of 1st
Feb 10 9:34 PM
- HOUSTON: 0
1st Quarter - 11:37
Feb 10 9:12 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- NBA China to open basketball-themed Playzone in Shanghai May 17
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Rockets must find coach in wake of first-round ouster Apr 29
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28
- Warriors reach second round with MVP Stephen Curry sidelined Apr 28
- Warriors roll into second round of playoffs without Curry Apr 28
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 27
- Rockets-Warriors Preview Apr 26
- Warriors look to advance, Clippers, Heat aim for home wins Apr 26