Evans, Kings cruise past BullsMar 14, 2013 - 5:59 AM
Isaiah Thomas added 22 points for the Kings, who had lost five straight against the Bulls. Patrick Patterson donated 14 points and nine rebounds, Jason Thompson tallied 12 points and Chuck Hayes and Toney Douglas each scored 10 points.
Carlos Boozer had 21 points and seven boards to pace the Bulls, who have lost five in a row on the road. Nate Robinson added 19 points.
"I'm most disappointed in myself. My job is to have them ready. We can't come out like that," Bulls head coach Tom Thibodeau said.
The Bulls actually held a 14-11 lead with 6:03 left in the first quarter. But it quickly fell apart from there.
The Kings ended the period on a 23-6 run and never looked back. Patterson tallied 11 points over the first 12 minutes and Sacramento took a 34-20 lead into the second.
A 26-6 surge by the Kings to start the second quarter made it 60-26. It was 65-36 at the half.
Sacramento led by as many as 45 in the second half.
"We didn't let up," Douglas said. "We weren't satisfied."
Sacramento closed out a three-game homestand on Wednesday ... The Kings were without the services of DeMarcus Cousins (thigh) and James Johnson (personal) ... The Kings shot 54.2 percent from the field and went 9-of-23 from beyond the arc ... The Bulls had 17 turnovers, compared to five for Sacramento.
- CHICAGO: 79
Mar 14 12:14 AM
- CHICAGO: 60
End of 3rd
Mar 13 11:45 PM
- CHICAGO: 36
Mar 13 11:04 PM
- CHICAGO: 20
End of 1st
Mar 13 10:35 PM
- CHICAGO: 0
1st Quarter - 11:44
Mar 13 10:11 PM
- Towns, Porzingis unanimously selected to All-Rookie 1st team May 19
- Kings' methodical coaching search ended with Dave Joerger May 10
- Kings hire coach Dave Joerger 2 days after firing in Memphis May 9
- A person with knowledge of the deal tells The Associated Press the Sacramento Kings have agreed to terms with Dave Joerger on a three-year deal to make him their new coach May 9
- Kings hire Catanella as assistant general manager Apr 28
- Timberwolves hire Thibodeau as coach/president, Layden is GM Apr 20
- Tuesday's Sports in Brief Apr 20
- AP Sources: Kings to interview Del Negro, Jackson, Mitchell Apr 20
- APNewsBreak: Timberwolves talking with Mark Jackson Apr 19
- Steve Kerr enjoying the ride watching Warriors make history Apr 14
- Kings fire coach George Karl after 1 full season Apr 14
- Changes could be in store for Bulls after rough season Apr 14