Thomas leads Kings past WarriorsMar 28, 2013 - 7:12 AM
Thomas went 7-for-12 from 3-point range, and 10-for-18 from the field.
DeMarcus Cousins added 14 points and Marcus Thornton finished with 13 for the Kings, who have taken three of four from the Warriors this season.
David Lee and Stephen Curry both recorded double-doubles for the Warriors, who had won two straight entering the contest.
Lee finished with 20 points and 10 rebounds, while Curry had 17 points and 12 assists in the setback.
Golden State jumped out to a 27-24 lead after the first 12 minutes. The Warriors pushed their spread to nine, 33-24, following Harrison Barnes' layup just under two minutes into the second.
The Kings, though, opened a 13-1 burst to take a 37-34 lead with just over seven minutes to go. Golden State regained the lead following a Lee dunk at the two-minute mark, but a Cousins layup, followed by a Thomas jumper, gave Sacramento a 47-44 lead at the break.
The Kings used a 17-8 surge to push their spread to 64-52 with just over five minutes to play in the third, but the Warriors countered with a 14-7 sequence to cut the lead to five. The Kings, though, scored the final six points of the quarter, including a deep Thomas triple with 3.6 ticks remaining in the period.
"Guys made a lot of plays in that third quarter, finding each other and knocking down shots," Thomas said.
Barnes' layup with 3 1/2 minutes left pulled Golden State within 93-88, but the Kings pushed their edge back to eight, 100-92, with 32.8 seconds left.
Curry's layup made it a six-point game. Curry then stole a wild pass from Patrick Patterson, and layed it in to make it 100-96 with 20.1 seconds left.
Thomas split a pair of free throws to make it 101-96 two seconds later before Jarrett Jack cut the lead to three with 14.9 seconds remaining.
It would be as close the Warriors would get, as Golden State was held scoreless the rest of the way.
Thomas's seven 3-pointers mark a career-high ... The Warriors outscored the Kings 68-38 in the paint ... Curry tied a season high with 12 assists.
- SACRAMENTO: 105
GOLDEN STATE: 98
Mar 28 12:54 AM
- SACRAMENTO: 77
GOLDEN STATE: 66
End of 3rd
Mar 28 12:14 AM
- SACRAMENTO: 47
GOLDEN STATE: 44
Mar 27 11:35 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 24
GOLDEN STATE: 27
End of 1st
Mar 27 11:06 PM
- SACRAMENTO: 3
GOLDEN STATE: 0
1st Quarter - 11:40
Mar 27 10:42 PM
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 23
- Draymond, Westbrook swap barbs over fouls, kicks May 23
- Warriors' Green could face discipline after flagrant foul May 23
- Durant, Westbrook lead Thunder in blowout win over Warriors May 23
- Warriors-Thunder Preview May 21
- Warriors' big men must come up big in Game 3 against Thunder May 21
- Donovan, Kerr took very different paths to NBA coaching May 21
- Thunder will try to bounce back after big loss to Warriors May 20
- Column: Savor our version of Magic-Bird - Curry vs LeBron May 20
- Stephen Curry's sore right elbow not limiting him on court May 20
- Gary Payton unimpressed by Stephen Curry's unanimous MVP May 20
- Klay Thompson has carried Warriors this postseason May 19