Wizards stop skid with win over OrlandoDec 29, 2012 - 7:11 AM Washington, DC (Sports Network) - Jordan Crawford led five Washington players in double figures with 27 points, as the Wizards downed the Orlando Magic, 105-97, on Friday at Verizon Center.
Nene added a season-high 23 points and 11 rebounds and Kevin Seraphin chipped in with 17 points and six boards for the Wizards, who snapped an eight-game losing streak.
Garrett Temple and Bradley Beal finished with 13 and 11 points, respectively, in the win.
"We are amped," Beal said of the victory. "We are ready to go. We can't stop right now, we can't get complacent."
Arron Afflalo had 26 points and J.J. Redick chipped in with 23 for the Magic, who have dropped four straight.
"We are bad right now defensively and it's surprising because we've been good defensively all season," Redick said of his team's struggles. "I don't know what it is but I'm going to take a look at every defensive possession that we had. It's frustrating to not be able to get stops."
Jameer Nelson had 16 points, eight assists and three rebounds in the setback.
Orlando raced out to a 25-8 lead with 5 1/2 minutes left in the first quarter, but the Wizards used a 17-6 run to pull within 31-25 entering the second frame.
The teams traded blows over the opening parts of the second until an Andrew Nicholson jumper put Orlando up 49-42. Washington, though, closed the half on a 12-2 surge and led 54-51 at the break.
Temple's layup with just over three minute gone in the third quarter put the Wizards up 61-53, but the Magic responded with a 10-5 sequence to cut the deficit to 66-63 near the midway point of the stanza.
Washington countered with a 12-0 run of their own to go up 78-63, but a Redick 3-ball made it 80-72 entering the final stage.
A 16-10 surge gave the Wizards a comfortable 96-82 lead with just under 5 1/2 minutes to go, and the Magic couldn't get closer than eight the rest of the way.
Crawford tied a season-high with 27 points ... Nene tied a season-high with 11 rebounds ... Washington outscored the Magic 46-38 in the paint ... Orlando had 14 turnovers leading to 17 points.
- ORLANDO: 97
Dec 28 9:19 PM
- ORLANDO: 72
End of 3rd
Dec 28 8:43 PM
- ORLANDO: 51
Dec 28 8:01 PM
- ORLANDO: 31
End of 1st
Dec 28 7:34 PM
- ORLANDO: 0
1st Quarter - 11:42
Dec 28 7:12 PM
- Magic formally introduce Frank Vogel as their new coach May 23
- Magic officially announce Frank Vogel as new head coach May 20
- AP Source: Orlando Magic hire Frank Vogel as next coach May 19
- Thursday's Sports in Brief May 13
- How many times has your team changed coaches in the Pop era? May 12
- Scott Skiles resigns as coach of Magic after just 1 season May 12
- BC-AP Sports Preview Digest May 12
- Wizards All-Star guard John Wall undergoes knee surgery May 5
- New coach Brooks: Focus is on Wizards players, not Durant Apr 27
- Washington announces Scott Brooks as Wizards next head coach Apr 26
- Durant: Happy ex-coach Brooks back in NBA, focused on Mavs Apr 22
- AP Sources: Scott Brooks to be Washington Wizards next coach Apr 21